Pensy101

Ejection mod improvements and Mirage Factory GRU-7A

I've been using Stary's Ejection Mod for quite a while now, as well as the Mirage Factory F-14s, and I have some feedback and questions on these two. First of all, the ejection mod, from what I understand is not an "actual" ejection mod, in the sense that it actually simulates ejection. It's obviously part of the "fire" effects whenever an aircraft catches fire, so it happens even if the pilot is killed, which is 99.9 percent of the time with missile hits. This breaks immersion a bit (especially for me, as I'm a bit of an ejection seat fanatic) especially when I get hit by a SAM (happens a lot, especially if I get too close to Kiev in the SF2NA campaigns ;) and see the canopy sail off and the ejection animation, only to read the "XYZ has been killed in action" text on the debriefing screen after watching my character punch out 10 seconds earlier. It gets even worse when I hit a guy head-on with a missile and I see him punch out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, head-on missile hits, especially from the large radar-guided missiles such as the AIM-7 Sparrow or AA-7 Apex, are almost always fatal to the pilot because they hit on or near the cockpit, not to mention the AIM-54 Phoenix which, based on what I've heard about Iranian F-14s during the Iran-Iraq War, had such a massive warhead that, when used against fighters, it simply obliterated the entire airframe and incinerated the pilot instantly, with, obviously, no ejection afterwards. Is there a way to modify the game's effects to randomize whether the ejection animation occurs during the fire effects, or eliminate it entirely under certain conditions? Also, the Martin-Baker GRU-7A made by Ravenclaw_007 for the MF F-14A and F-14B is missing two tiny details. When examining the seat model up close, the secondary (seat pan mounted, aka the d-ring between your legs if you're sitting in the seat) firing handle is absent, and the primary (face-curtain, or face-blind if you're British) firing handle is missing the distinctive red bar that you can easily see looking at actual examples or photographs of the GRU-7A. On the actual seat, the red bar is a piece of solid metal tubing that connects to the face-curtain itself, with the flexible black-and-yellow handles to give the crewman a clear object to grab when using the face-curtain to initiate ejection. I'm pretty sure that most of you guys and gals reading this know exactly what I'm talking about and what the red bar looks like. Instead, the two primary firing handles simply protrude from the seat's headrest. Is there a way to improve this? I don't mean to nitpick; I'm just trying to suggest some improvements that would make these mods even better and more immersive. I appreciate any replies from Stary and Ravenclaw_007 as well as anyone else that stumbles across this thread.

to be honest if the game engine would allow a more accurate setting for a ejection seat than Stary would have done it  :grin:

the ejection seat is more like a gimmick since the game did not include such a feature from the beginning , i'm actually very grateful that Stary took the time to make that gimmick

it is people like Stary who made the game what it is today and believe me there are much more urgent game engine settings that would need changing

so you have to live with that feature like it is until a guru comes along and changes the game engine

• Like 2

about the GRU-7A i did not make them , i only made the Mk4 , Mk5 , Mk6 , Mk7 and the ACES ejection seats  :blush:

Also Pensey a pilot could have died in the 'cute in the down  :blackeye:  :sad: also there are some ejection seats that fire automatically with a large impact to the airframe, as well as some seats could go off due to a hit from a missile... trying to make it better in your head so you dont get frustrated with it... 

• Like 1

Still at fault is game engine / damage model of game. 

But it was never hardcore sim...so.