Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

CTD - Ground Map Mode on Multiple Aircraft

Hi, I seem to experience a crash to desktop and even a hard freeze when switching to ground map radar. I think I am missing something here in the file hierarchy.

Anyone experience this?

Sometimes in some aircraft. But usually I'm restarting game/mission and doing same thing and all is well.

Last night I crashed to desktop when switching  to TVmode on Harrier....

Before when switching to "Viefinder" on some recce aircrafts but only CTD when on ground before take off...when in the air all is well....

so I'm  confused, sometimes pissed off but ...im accepting it ....for now.

I had the same thing a while back, I found it was only happening when flying in terrains with seasons folders.

Copying the contents of one of the seasons folder to the actual terrain folder cured it for me, it seems as though the game needs some actual tiles in there for some reason, seasons still function as they should.......very weird stuff.

I had the same thing a while back, I found it was only happening when flying in terrains with seasons folders.

Copying the contents of one of the seasons folder to the actual terrain folder cured it for me, it seems as though the game needs some actual tiles in there for some reason, seasons still function as they should.......very weird stuff.

Among the things that Ground Map mode uses are the _HM.bmp files; I have reason to believe that they are the behind the CTDs. Just thinking out loud.