• Announcements

• Erik

IMPORTANT - Please read   08/15/2017

Trying to log in? Your new username is your display name (the name shown when posting). We no longer have separate usernames and display names. Usernames were converted to display names.
      https://combatace.com/contact/ for problems logging in.

Madfox01    1

So, as a discailmer, I only installed the game a few weeks ago so I might be wrong on how ED does things.

If you have your ear to the ground as far as DCS related topics go, you should be aware of the easter sale on the ED site.

Interestingly, the ED team only links to only their own E- store but not the steam shop.

If you go to the steam store, all the DLC is listed at non- sale prices.

Is ED hinting that it's gonna ditch steam? Or is everyone at ED get some bizzare memory issue where they forgot that steam existed?

MigBuster    1,860

Think it has mostly always been this way regarding the regular sales - the Steam arrangement appears to be different.

JediMaster    447

I believe the most recent sale was designed to be short on Steam but continue longer on their own site. You might have caught it after the Steam one ended but before theirs did.

Madfox01    1

I believe the most recent sale was designed to be short on Steam but continue longer on their own site. You might have caught it after the Steam one ended but before theirs did.

I was coincidently checking the prices on team on good friday and saturday but I didn't see any discounts on steam before the ED sale. So I'm not sure.

ShrikeHawk    358

I just installed DCS World from Steam. But now I see that FC3 (which I intend to get sometime soon) is not sale on Steam but it is at ED. Apparently, anything directly from ED is not compatible with Steam installs.

Did I make a mistake in installing from Steam? Are discounts more common/deeper at ED than on Steam?

Madfox01    1

I just installed DCS World from Steam. But now I see that FC3 (which I intend to get sometime soon) is not sale on Steam but it is at ED. Apparently, anything directly from ED is not compatible with Steam installs.

Did I make a mistake in installing from Steam? Are discounts more common/deeper at ED than on Steam?

as other members suggetsted, there might be a steam sale on after the ED one. If that is true then stick to steam as there is some DRM stuff that only allows for 10 activations whereas the steam one is infinate I belive.

• Like 1

JediMaster    447

In the past, you could move keys back and forth freely.

However, I believe the current policy is any key bought on Steam may be used on Steam or on the standalone version, but keys bought on ED's site for the standalone version will not work on Steam. So, if you're using the one from ED's site, you can use either source but if you wish to play on Steam you must buy from Steam.