So, as a discailmer, I only installed the game a few weeks ago so I might be wrong on how ED does things.

If you have your ear to the ground as far as DCS related topics go, you should be aware of the easter sale on the ED site.

Interestingly, the ED team only links to only their own E- store but not the steam shop.

If you go to the steam store, all the DLC is listed at non- sale prices.

Is ED hinting that it's gonna ditch steam? Or is everyone at ED get some bizzare memory issue where they forgot that steam existed?

Think it has mostly always been this way regarding the regular sales - the Steam arrangement appears to be different.

I believe the most recent sale was designed to be short on Steam but continue longer on their own site. You might have caught it after the Steam one ended but before theirs did.

I believe the most recent sale was designed to be short on Steam but continue longer on their own site. You might have caught it after the Steam one ended but before theirs did.

I was coincidently checking the prices on team on good friday and saturday but I didn't see any discounts on steam before the ED sale. So I'm not sure.

I just installed DCS World from Steam. But now I see that FC3 (which I intend to get sometime soon) is not sale on Steam but it is at ED. Apparently, anything directly from ED is not compatible with Steam installs.

Did I make a mistake in installing from Steam? Are discounts more common/deeper at ED than on Steam?

I just installed DCS World from Steam. But now I see that FC3 (which I intend to get sometime soon) is not sale on Steam but it is at ED. Apparently, anything directly from ED is not compatible with Steam installs.

Did I make a mistake in installing from Steam? Are discounts more common/deeper at ED than on Steam?

as other members suggetsted, there might be a steam sale on after the ED one. If that is true then stick to steam as there is some DRM stuff that only allows for 10 activations whereas the steam one is infinate I belive.

• Like 1

In the past, you could move keys back and forth freely.

However, I believe the current policy is any key bought on Steam may be used on Steam or on the standalone version, but keys bought on ED's site for the standalone version will not work on Steam. So, if you're using the one from ED's site, you can use either source but if you wish to play on Steam you must buy from Steam.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Madfox01
      Let's make a list of things that are in some phrase development

Feel free to add any thougts of what; variants, weapons, targeting pods, etc. might accompany them too.

I'll start;

F- 14A. Hopefully it comes with Goose and Maverick. F-18 Super Hornet.  Don't tell me ED didn't low key acquire the E's assests and it's team from CoreTex. Typhoon.  I may have had a mad dream where Frooglesim talked about this having avionics based off of video footage from air force sims but I'm not sure.  
      Ok, your turn.

• By MigBuster
      The summer heat is here and so are the DCS savings! Take advantage of this mid-summer FLASH sale that runs from 15:00 (UTC time) Friday, July 31st to 05:00 (UTC time) Monday, August 3rd. Fill out your DCS World library before the big move to DCS World 1.5 in September 2015.

This FLASH sale is for USD prices only and does not apply to former Soviet Union countries.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/
      DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off) DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off) DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off) DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $8.99 (70% off) DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off) DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off) DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $5.99 (70% off) F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off) Su-27 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off) Su-27 The Ultimate Argument Campaign: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off) A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off) Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off) DCS: MiG-15bis: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off) DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off) DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off) DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $14.99 (70% off) DCS: C-101 Aviojet: $59.99 to $17.99 (70% off) DCS: MiG-21bis: $49.99 to 19.99 (60% off)  
    • By luckyluca
      Never installed nor activated for lack of time, paypal please:
      DCS: UH-1H Huey by Belsimtek (download version): $25 USD
      DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 (download version): $20 USD
    • By MigBuster
      From March 26th to March 31st, Eagle Dynamics will have discounts up to 60% off the following DCS products:

DCS: P-51D Mustang. $39.99 now $15.99 (60% off)

DCS: UH-1H Huey. $49.99 now $19.99 (60% off)

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3. $49.99 now $19.99 (60% off)

DCS: A-10C Warthog. $39.99 now $27.99 (30% off)

DCS: Black Shark 2. $39.99 now $27.99 (30% off)

DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade. $29.99 now $20.99(30% off)

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Pre-Purchase Beta. $49.99 now $39.99 (20% off)

DCS: Combined Arms. $29.99 now $23.99 (20% off)

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs. $14.99 now $11.99 (20% off)

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs. $14.99 now $11.99 (20% off)

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

Note: As these are products on sale, purchases during this sale will not be applied to the DCS Customer Bonus System.

• By JediMaster
      [fimg=left]http://www.arma3.com/images/post_thumbs/arma3_alpha.jpg[/fimg]For those of us who have enjoyed playing OFP, Arma, Arma 2, and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead over the past decade, today BIS released a playable alpha version of Arma 3 on Steam.

It features the smaller of the 2 islands that the final version will ship with, a few single player scenarios, the mission editor, and multiplayer.

Steam Arma 3 page: http://store.steampo...com/app/107410/

BIS page: http://www.arma3.com/

In case you're wondering, yes, Arma 3 is Steam-only. Check BIS' site for their explanation. You can buy the Steam key direct from their site, or just buy it direct on Steam, unless you want the big "Supporter Edition" which is only for sale on BIS' site. Either way, you're getting a key for Steam.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.