Hauksbee

Our devoted silent following...

Finally, it seems the dead wood will be removed from the trees, so the forest can grow in healt.

Hey, sounds promising!

A bit of pruning eh?  I think it's a great idea and if I had a set of shears I'd jump in and lend a hand!  Thank you Eric for your help and for letting us continue to hang around here.  And thanks Hauksbee for taking on the task of tidying up the place for us.  Much appreciated gents.

A bit of pruning eh?  I think it's a great idea and if I had a set of shears I'd jump in and lend a hand!  Thank you Eric for your help and for letting us continue to hang around here.  And thanks Hauksbee for taking on the task of tidying up the place for us.  Much appreciated gents.

A set of shears comes with the job. I'm open to all suggestions.

It sounds like 95% of what you need is for the moderators to do some housekeeping. Maybe the OFF moderators need to reach out so we can go over the moderation tools they have their disposal?

Good idea, Eric. I can't even remember who the other two Moderators were. (tho' I think Dej was one). Could we review the tools and responsibilities for Moderators?

We can ... send me a PM with your questions.

Thanks.

I seem to recall I was one of the moderators for this forum, once upon a time, and you may be right about Dej.  Olham may have been one way back when too.

Thanks again Eric for keeping the doors open and the lights on for us, it is much appreciated Sir.  BTW, since I am here and looking at them right now, are than any new medals you need added to your board since I made the original batch for you?  I'm sure I saved all the artwork as I don't tend to ever throw anything away.

I was also one of the moderators. I think there were four of us. Hauksbee, Lou, Dej and yours truly.

Four is probably excessive for our current needs though. It's very quiet here now compared to those good old days.

Edited by Hasse Wind

I think the only Moderator was Hauksbee. The other moderation was done by the devs which is most likely the confusion here. Hauksbee probably didn't realize his Moderator account had special access because the devs handled everything. I will upgrade one or two of the regulars into the moderators roll if you'll agree who those two should be and then let me know.

Our member icons are great ... I love them and I can't bear to part with them and probably never will because of all the hard work that was put into them.

E

That's really weird about the moderators changing because I didn't do it. I wonder if the Devs stripped your moderation abilities before they left. :dntknw:

I was also one of the moderators. I think there were four of us. Hauksbee, Lou, Dej and yours truly.

Eric: I think Hasse Wind has it right. As I recall it, there were three and one dropped out (for reasons never disclosed, and I don't recall the Dev's being in the mix, tho' it's quite possible) and a thread was posted asking if anyone wanted to pick up the slack. After a few days, I raised my hand and got the job.

ps: If you are of a mind to confirm some others to formal Moderator status, I'd suggest Hasse Wind and RAF_Lou. If the rolls will support a fourth, then certainly Olham should be included seeing as he was the backbone of the site back in the day.

Edited by Hauksbee