Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

Belsimtek announces future F-4E for DCS World

This is big news for me!

https://belsimtek.com/news/1785/

After release of Tiger and Magnificent Eight at the end of 2016 almost all our effort was relayed to development of F/A-18 DCS module in cooperation with Eagle Dynamics. In this project we are handling dynamics, avionics and systems, FCS (Flight Control System) included.

In parallel we continue our work on exciting project for fans of combat helicopters - the attack helicopter Mi-24P (was a long time since we pleased our helicopter enthusiasts, and ourselves as developers, by a war machine with rotor dynamics).

Also we started development of the famous fighter-bomber F-4E.

We are planning to post updates about each project in future.

Wish you to have a great time learning available DCS World modules and hope you will like quality of the upcoming ones.

With respect,
Belsimtek Team.

• Like 1

Big news for me too!

They are doing a late model Phantom for the USAF.

These were posted to me after I asked if we were getting; AUP, 2000, etc. from various reddit users;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3193843&postcount=61

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3193860&postcount=66

Also, some reading material;

http://www.f-4.nl/f4_11.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4-phantom.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4c-panel.html

http://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/what-couldnt-f-4-phantom-do-180953944/?page=2

The F-5E / MiG-15bis & F-86F are top quality modules so I expect justice will be done.

Slatted Rivet Haste USAF F-4E with TISEO might be cool.

If they are going for a late E model, its probably some early-to-mid 80s ARN-101 DMAS modified jet

Which comes with all the fun tools, TISEO, CCIP, AGM-65, Pave-anything and such stuff :D

would've preferred the S slatted and unslatted. but heck will take any f-4

Edited by dsawan

If they are going for a late E model, its probably some early-to-mid 80s ARN-101 DMAS modified jet

Which comes with all the fun tools, TISEO, CCIP, AGM-65, Pave-anything and such stuff :D

Never knew the US operated the Phantom with something other than the fucking god awful gun sight.

That would be cool if we get that too.

The modified ARN-101 jets retained the wonderful ASG-26 sight, it was still used with the digital modifications

but with some new modes like CCIP which gave plenty of trouble since there was a conversion error with

radar ranging from feet to metric (or something in that direction, cant recall details atm) which gave aweful

bombing results.

So no change for the look through the windshield :D

Damn.

And there's me thinking we were gonna have an actual HUD.

This conversion error you speak of, seems like it would have eventually been fixed shortly after discovery right?

...Right?

More like "some time" after finding out whats going on when they had some $$$ for the fix :D

Until this is released, it takes two different sims to enjoy the F-4 at this level. SF series for convincing combat missions and FSX/TacPack to fly either the Milviz or Simworks Studios F-4s at a detailed systems level. I have the Simworks F-4B/N. I will buy their F-4C and F-4D if and when they ever release them. The next time the Milviz products go on a decent sale (Christmas?), I may pick up their F-4E and F-4S just to try out their advanced flight models. But I get bored in FSX real quick. The radar has so many knobs for tweaking things, but you can detect targets at max range while parked on the runway... no ground clutter. Flying the F-4 in the SF series is so much more satisfying, but the whole startup/taxi/takeoff/approach/landing thing is better in FSX. For me, DCS aircraft like the F-86, MiG-15, F-5, and MiG-21 provide the best of both worlds. I can do an instant action air start for an SF style dogfight, a routine startup/takeoff/transit/approach/landing like FSX, or a full blown mission that combines both depending on the time available and my mood. So, I can't wait for the DCS F-4E to be released (and debugged). Hopefully, this will happen in my lifetime. Belsimtek has been pretty good about getting modules delivered after they have been announced, but the F/A-18 still has a ways to go and the F-4 will probably be nearly as complex and time consuming to complete as the F/A-18.

• Like 1

In this project we are handling dynamics, avionics and systems, FCS (Flight Control System) included.

Am I the only one who took notice of this? Specifically, if BST is doing this...what is ED doing? Maybe it's me, but besides 3D model/visuals I can't think of anything else a plane needs to be implemented in DCS World.

It sounds like BST is doing everything that is not the appearance of the plane.

Did BST overstate their contribution or is ED actually contributing that much less to the Hornet? I'm quite surprised.

Am I the only one who took notice of this?

No, sounds like ED or whoever is doing the rest is/ has done the research, sounds, and support.

I'm not sure which set of tasks is harder but ED is doing a lot for a dev that is working on three other planes.

Though, the P47 must be in the primary stages of production. While the F/A is in bug testing and avionics work. So that leaves the modeling team etc. sitting on their hands.

F-4 update

The developed modification F-4E is equipped with the DMAS (Digital Modular Avionics System) AN / ARN-101.

The Digital Modular Avionics System (DMAS) is an integrated navigation and weapon delivery system installed to enhance the all-weather capability of the aircraft. The DMAS replaces the existing navigation computer (AN/ ASN-46A), inertial navigation set (AN/ASN-63), and weapon release computer set (AN/ASQ-91). In addition, the DMAS provides a self-contained, automatic computer approach-to-landing-mode.

DMAS is integrated with the radar AN/APQ-120, optical sight AN/ASG-26.

The presence of an optoelectronic system AN/ASX-1 Target Identification System Electro – Optical (TISEO), which is installed in the leading edge of the left wing, allows to detect air targets at long distances.

Against air targets, the aircraft is armed with AIM-9, AIM-7 missiles and M61 Vulcan gun.

For ground strikes, the aircraft can use a large range of weapons that includes conventional and guided aircraft bombs, bomb containers, unguided rockets, gun (gun containers SUU-16/A), guided missiles AGM-65 Maverick and AGM-45 Shrike.

This modification is also able to use a guided bomb GBU-15.

For detection and target designation, an AN/AVQ-26 optical-electronic container can be suspended on the central pylon.

As a means of EW, up to two AN / ALQ-131 containers can be suspended.

https://belsimtek.com/news/1787/

Edited by MigBuster

Awesome. Just upgraded to a better pc for dcs world in order to get this and the f-18

I can't wait to get this. The time I spend flying SF2 has already been falling to near zero, while my time flying DCS World has remained as high as it can be given my limited free time. The delivery of the F-4E for DCS would leave me going to SF2 for the odd flight in century aircraft, MiG-23, and the F2H-2. Hopefully, DCS World will someday cover many of those aircraft, too.