I downloaded the AIM-26 falcon nuclear missile but I can't use it cause the effect (AerialNukeEffect.ini file)  is missing from the package. I did a search on the forum but all threads to Lexx Luthor work are dead. Can anyone let me have the effect  file for the weapon please  ? Thank you.

I'm sure it's this one, but it's from SF2 so it may be a different file. If it is the same file as the one you need it should work perfectly even if it comes from an SF2 download.

AerialNukeEffect.ini

Many thanks for help but I also need the TGA files which work in conjunction with the ini file, too (I checked the effects folder and I don't have the TGA files named in the ini effect file). Plus I am not sure if the shaders files are from CAT's game (so no worry) or... I have to put them somewhere those which are listed in the ini file... Can you, please take a look and tell me where goes where, too ? The best it would be if you can archive the "Effects" folder and send it to me (uploading it on a site where I could take it)

So what's the effect look like?

I've used the 4A and 4B Falcon  with the F-94B Starfire. What usually happens is that you launch at about 10 miles and 3 enemy aircraft just suddenly turn into fireballs and plummet.

Then you get a mission completed message. I assumed that was it.

Is there like a white flash or something like you see on the famous video of the test launch?

the 4A & 4B are NOT nukes; in fact none of the 4 series are nuclear capable. way too small a missile! conventional explosive, contact detonated only

you're confusing the AIM-26 with the AIM-4s

and yes, you should see a spherical fire ball. I used to have a screenshot if it, but can't find it!!

with a little bit of searching, you should find the effect, and all the images (tga, etc) in one of the weapons pack.

Yes, sorry, I am getting it mixed up with the Nuclear Genie that the Scorpion carries.

What I should have said is: "With regard to air to air nukes, I've used the AIR-2 Genie with the F-89D Scorpion. What usually happens is that you launch at about 10 miles and 3 enemy aircraft just suddenly turn into fireballs and plummet".

I saw Falcon and Nuclear and put them together in the wrong way. I'll leave now.

The genie data file requests "LKT003effects".

There is mention of LKT003effects in some forums pertaining to LEXX's NUKE EFFECTS.

But there is no LKT003effects in the downloads of the latest Weapons packs available for SFP1 download.

Nor can I find any mention of LEXX's NUKE EFFECTS as a download here.

So I'll draw a line under this now, and move on.

Lexx's stuff vanished quite a long time ago, in one of the site crashes.

But,  editing the weapons data ini to use one of the existing effects is .... ????? (isn't there one in the BunyPak, or the C6 Mega?)

Thank you, yes I could do that. There are some nuke effects available in various packs, and it's just a matter of testing them out.

I made the mistake of climbing into the Sabre Jet a few days ago, and I'm having so much fun, I can't be prised out of it.

Good to have it confirmed that the Lexx stuff exists no more, though. It saves banging one's head against a wall for too long.