Sign in to follow this  
Vertical_Luke

Better Terrain for WoV and SFP1

I'm talking about improving the terrain in the stock campaigns in both SFP1 and WoV. I have seen screenshots where there are many trees strewn about the terrain map, but unfortunately in my experience, all I see is a flat expanse of land, with rather dull terrain textures. Is there any way I can spruce up my SFP1 and WoV experience with better terrain?

Ask for Deuces he is the resident terrain god. But he is out of the loop for a few weeks. http://www.sfmods.com/ Also check out his website at the link I posted you.

Ask for Deuces he is the resident terrain god. But he is out of the loop for a few weeks. http://www.sfmods.com/ Also check out his website at the link I posted you.

Thanks, that is what I have heard, from here and other places, I just wanted to be sure. Also, on a completely different note, I have a question about WoV. I flew a few missions last night for the first time, and in one particular mission, I was flying an F-4 amongst many simultaneous SAM launches. All of a sudden a constant steady beeping was going off in my cockpit. For about 10 minutes straight, until I was well out of the combat zone. Was it something I pressed? or was it because something was locked on to me?

Thanks, that is what I have heard, from here and other places, I just wanted to be sure.  Also, on a completely different note, I have a question about WoV.  I flew a few missions last night for the first time, and in one particular mission, I was flying an F-4 amongst many simultaneous SAM launches.  All of a sudden a constant steady beeping was going off in my cockpit.  For about 10 minutes straight, until I was well out of the combat zone.  Was it something I pressed? or was it because something was locked on to me?

You were being "painted" by a Fansong SAM radar.

You were being "painted" by a Fansong SAM radar.

ah... makes sense, as that is along the lines of what I was suspecting, but I figured something would be lighting up in the cockpit as well. Thanks Fubar. Also, in your experience, what is the best way to avoid a SAM while cruising at 500 kts in a fully laiden F-4? :dntknw: Even though I didn't get plastered, my wingman up and dissappeared into tiny shiny pieces right next to me.

ah... makes sense, as that is along the lines of what I was suspecting, but I figured something would be lighting up in the cockpit as well.  Thanks Fubar.  Also, in your experience, what is the best way to avoid a SAM while cruising at 500 kts in a fully laiden F-4?  :dntknw:  Even though I didn't get plastered, my wingman up and dissappeared into tiny shiny pieces right next to me.

When your wingman warns you that a SAM's been launched, hit the "R" key, and then the CTRL + F8 keys. this will give you a view from your AC to the threat (SAM). That helps...

Depending on the AC, you'll also have an idea where the threat lies by watching the blips on the RWR display.

but I figured something would be lighting up in the cockpit as well.

iirc for the F-4 you need an E or J for the visual RWR.