Hellshade

OT: Dungeon & Dragons table top gaming

So my other major addiction (besides Skyrim SE) is Dungeons & Dragons 5e table top gaming.   I finally completed painting my somewhat expansive collection of miniatures and have started Dungeon Mastering (DMing) my own games.   Everyone seems to really enjoy the immersive 3D gaming experience.  Does anyone else play D&D?   What edition?  How often do you game?

X Swamp Temple.jpg

X Kobold Mines.jpg

X Kobolds.jpg

X Hidden Caverns below the city.jpg

X Coastal Trading Post.jpg

X Iron Wagon Tavern.jpg

• Like 2

Never played it, but I have to say that your sets are very impressive. Very nice miniatures work.

Up until a few years ago, I had a fair number of old D&D figures... mostly the original "official" figures made by Grenadier for the original AD&D with some Citadel and Ral Partha figures. When I was moving, I dumped anything I considered to be dead weight, and those figures were among the tabletop game related stuff that was dumped. I still have the original books, though. While I loved the figures, I never had more than grid squares marked up to show walls/doors to use them. Certainly nothing even close to what you posted above. It didn't stop me from enjoying looking at them though. I appreciate the post, both for the quality of your work and the memories those photos bring back to me.

For years..strike that...for decades, all I ever gamed with was either minis on wet erase battle maps or pure "Theater of the Mind" and you know what?  I always had a great time.   Honestly, I think what really makes or breaks a game is the quality of the people that you are playing with.    If they are fun and creative, the game will be great.   Everything else is just window dressing.   It adds to the fun but isn't necessary for it. 

I started with D&D Basic and AD&D too.  I gotta say though, 5e is in my opinion by far the best rule set to date.   If you ever have the chance, find a local game store and see if there is an open seat at a D&D Encounters game (single session professional produced module).    I bet you will have a great time!   

Cool gaming setup. I only started playing within the last couple years. My group's DM has his original books from 1982 so we play using a combination of AD&D and Pathfinder 3.5 rules. My first character is a chaotic-good half-elf magic user who is presently at level 12. We are presently on hiatus at the moment since completing our last campaign.

Level 12 MU?  You are tossing out the big heat spells now!     Kudos for keeping them alive for so long.   Will the next campaign pick up at level 12 with the same characters or will you be starting over?