yes, by repainting the R/G/B channels of the relevant TGA's used. 

Extract them, place in the a /Cockpit folder within the aircraft in question's main folder (example: F-15A/Cockpit/*name of tga*), and repaint. You should find listing of them by going line-by-line through the cockpit ini (for the main gunsight's name) and the avionics ini for all the rest. Mind you, there IS a callout (in hexidecimal colors) in the avionics ini for "HUDColor=", but IIRC that won't change the color of the TGAs used.

you will, of course, need a paint program that works with 32 bit TGAs, and when saving won't destroy or damage the alpha channel.

Have fun!! :smile:

Easy way to change the color in the HUD is to alter the HUDcolor entry in the avionics.ini of the aircraft in question.

I use yellow, because it works well over blue skies and green earth, and desert.

So to get yellow

Avionics.ini

[HUD]

HUDcolor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

If you want other colors, you just need to experiment

I believe the first three numbers in the HUDColor entry refer to Red, Green, Blue. I have Red 1.0, Green 1.0, but Blue 0.0: Red+Green makes yellow.

So if you want a blue HUD, it would be 0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0. The fourth number probably refers to intensity, or something, just leave it at 1.0.

I presume using numbers lower than 1.0 for the first three entries would enable you to concoct subtle variations in color

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By guuruu
      Krakow, Aviation Museum.
      360 deg cockpits.
      http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/pano_zwiedzanie/zwiedzanie.php?w=p
    • By orsin

View File F-15C MSIP Cockpit Repaint
      This is a quick repaint of the existing F-15C cockpit released on F-15 Superpack Redux 2016. I believe it has already been repainted by Viper63 back a while, however a few artifacts lead to my decision to redo the color and give it a TW color tone.

Installation

Credit

Legal Stuff
      This is a quick repaint of the existing F-15C cockpit released on F-15 Superpack Redux 2016. I believe it has already been repainted by Viper63 back a while, however a few artifacts lead to my decision to redo the color and give it a TW color tone.

Installation

Credit

Legal Stuff
      I decided to repaint it and give the old pit some correction. After 8 hours worth of work, here it is.
      Find in download section when approved.

• By KJakker
      This is a link to and quote of Killerfish Games post about setting toolbar positions on the HUD in Cold Waters.
      How To Display All Toolbars

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..