Sign in to follow this  
JSF_Aggie

MF Factory Early Skin Question

A couple of the early MF F-14A skins only have the anti-glare markings on the left intake.  Was this intentional, or was it left off by mistake?  Thanksimg00864.thumb.JPG.4225e718108fdec57986f8a047a1909e.JPG

Edited by JSF_Aggie

That was by design.  I went through a lot of pictures of early F-14s and many of them used the single anti-glare marks over the left intake.  They also changed pretty significantly sometimes, so I tried to go with the paint jobs settled upon for each squadron's inaugural cruise.

Couple examples of VF-14 specifically:

VF-14A.jpg.3a43f4652f58ed9a3545518fc1f036e2.jpgVF14.jpg.bd0b1616a87e219b915d21995940f76b.jpg(No anti-glare on the right)

Was similarly used for VF-1, VF-2, VF-32, and a number of other high-viz Turkey squadrons.

that looks more like a walkway than an A-G surface to me. Compare the coloration and texture to the A-G around the windscreen and canopy

Jep, Bob is right. Walkway... 

• Haha 1

Yes, these are walkways made of non-skid material. They were only on the boarding side i early F-14s and varied quite a bit in pattern from one squadron to the next.

Thanks guys.

Blame Sundowner.  I got anti-glare from the layer name in his template.  :)

Lol!! I knew what I meant......it should be anti slip.:stars:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gah!  I knew I wasn't calling it the right thing.  I even used "anti-skid" in the accompanying document!  (e.g., in the CVW-14 paragraph: "The paint schemes included are those decided upon for that cruise, to include an anti-skid strip painted only over the left intake nacelle, and VF-2's red "warning" paint over the wing boxes of their aircraft.")