Sign in to follow this  
MarcQ

How do you keep track

practice

(this is coming from a guy who knew/knows where all the emission control devices are on all cars from 1969 through 2010. And what they do. So, for me it's not hard)

• Like 1

for the less OCD, you set up installs per what your doing with em (all naval war stuff into the SF2NA folder, all NATO stuff into SF2E etc).

even then you often go back and say "oh, wow i forgot that was in there":biggrin:

• Haha 2

I have my instals very specific. And one mod contains only files that are needed for specific mod. So I'm keeping everything quite clean...weapons, ground objects, decals...not keeping objects that not fits mod. Up to now always after downloading mod from CA...first im checking what is there ..and then puting into my mod folders what is needed... And i have my own way for naming aircraft folders and aircrafts in game...so everything in gameis easy to find...in case i forget something.

• Like 2

Lots of scenario specific installs. This was my desktop back in 2015:

large.Desktop.JPG.beba7bd19abafcd1da7123

I'm feeling much better now and am down to only 10 SF2 installs - the 5 basic games & 2 expansion packs (which I use mainly for testing mods), a USMC (and friends) install, a Drug Wars install based around Central America and the Caribbean, and a WW2 ETO install. I'll probably add more but this is more than enough to keep me busy!  

• Like 1