HerkDriverJ

Changing Mission Date in Single Mission

Hello All, 

I recently had some time to dig into terrain maps and their respective "Mission Dates"... My question is if a terrain map has only a pre-selected time period can we change that? Example.... Germany CE has a pre-selected time period only up to 1984. If you choose an aircraft that came on line after 1984 it will only allow the first year that aircraft came on-line. So, if an F-16C Block 30 came on line in 1987 that's the only date you can choose. My question, is there a way to go into the maps programing and change those dates? Or all together eliminate that feature so you can choose whatever time frame you would like? Thanks so much for your time and any suggestions are more than appreciated!

Regards,

Mark 

go to terrain ini file and change date to desired and enjoy.

Thanks yakarov79, you triggered me to look at a terrain that had unlimited dates. Took those unlimited dates and copied/pasted into desired terrains ini file. Thanks, that fixed it. 

I guess the Knowledge Base must be broken.....

This is a global fix, that will allow usage over and above what is written in the terrain's ini

So sorry Wrench. Didn't find this one in the knowlege base. Forgive me for asking the question.

No need to apologise, IMHO. You seem polite and well educated, in contrast to someone else asking hundreds of questions without looking at the Knowledge Base, and treating those who help him like sh*t.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Worth noting: Sometimes when Single Mission writing, I find the damn date slide back to 2018 even though I've programmed in 2050 as the end of the map.  So I go back into the proper mission.ini under Missions and write in the proper date & time.

Just go here guys and note the bold:

[MissionHeader]
AircraftType=F-15J_03
MissionMap=KURILEN
MissionType=SWEEP
StartTime=11:47:57
StartDate=02/13/2018
NavalMission=TRUE

Not hard to change a 2018 into a 2020 in Notepad!