Sign in to follow this  
TempestII

SF2 has now started CTD when I delete Waypoints in Single Mission Editor

Hello gents,

My full SF2 install has suddenly (circa a month or so ago) started crashing to desktop whenever I delete a waypoint in Single Mission Editor.  I've also noticed that it crashes more commonly on start-up, but after a couple of attempts, it'll launch to the Main Menu Screen.  However, if I delete a Single Mission Waypoint then it'll crash.  

I've moved my modded folders to an external HDD and re-installed SF2E and the Exp Packs and yet the crashes still occur.  Any help would be massively appreciated.

The only hardware upgrade I've done to my PC recently was to upgrade my GPU from a 980TI to a 1080TI; it definitely worked fine when I first did this but I have read the Nvidia thread on here that some users have had problems with recent software updates (I've made sure that my Effects aren't on "Unlimited" although none of the issues I've read in that thread seem to match what my issue is).  I did a search but couldn't find any similar CTDs either so I'm rather stumped.

PC specs are in my sig if that helps.  Thanks in advance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By viper63a

View File StrikeFighters2 Vietnam Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens and Music!
      SF2 Vietnam Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens and Music v5
      By Viper 05/17/2020
      Note: I removed all the nation sounds from this Menu packs for size reasons. If you intend to install the "VIPER63A HQ Menu Sounds" pack, please install that pack first. Installing the HQ Sound pack over the Menu pack may overwrite some of the menu specific music files. You can always re-install this menu pack to get the menu specific theme music back.
      This mod includes custom "vietnam Era" themed menu screens, pilots and (w/ 60s) music. You should unzip this package and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are MANY alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.
      1) Backup (copy) your FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folder. I "highly" recommend that you (if you can) "RENAME" your Menu folder and let this mod create a new Menu folder for you. If you had installed any other menu mods, that may conflict with this Menu mod. 
      2) To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder. Don't forget to back up before loading any mods!
      My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win10 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...
      C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighter2 Vietnam\
      3) To uninstall, delete the folders updated by this mod and copy (rename) your backed up folder to FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA.
      Enjoy!
      Submitter viper63a Submitted 03/15/2015 Category Menus  
    • By viper63a
      SF2 Vietnam Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens and Music v5
      By Viper 05/17/2020
      Note: I removed all the nation sounds from this Menu packs for size reasons. If you intend to install the "VIPER63A HQ Menu Sounds" pack, please install that pack first. Installing the HQ Sound pack over the Menu pack may overwrite some of the menu specific music files. You can always re-install this menu pack to get the menu specific theme music back.
      This mod includes custom "vietnam Era" themed menu screens, pilots and (w/ 60s) music. You should unzip this package and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are MANY alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.
      1) Backup (copy) your FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folder. I "highly" recommend that you (if you can) "RENAME" your Menu folder and let this mod create a new Menu folder for you. If you had installed any other menu mods, that may conflict with this Menu mod. 
      2) To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder. Don't forget to back up before loading any mods!
      C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighter2 Vietnam\
      3) To uninstall, delete the folders updated by this mod and copy (rename) your backed up folder to FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA.
      Enjoy!
    • By viper63a

View File SF2 "MiG Alley" Wings Over Korea (KAW v1.1) Hi-Res 1920X1080 Menu Screens and Music!
      SF2 "MiG Alley" Wings Over Korea (KAW v1.2) Hi-Res 1920X1080 Menu Screens and Music v7
      By Viper 04/26/2020
      I made these upgraded alternate "Korean Air War" themed Menu screens to go with Do335's "SF2 Wings Over Korea" package!

Pleae unzip the compressed file and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are some alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.

If you choose to install these screens, I recommend that you back up your FLIGHT and MENU folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this mod into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.

To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT and MENU folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder.

C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\Strikefighter2 Korea\

Enjoy!
      Submitter viper63a Submitted 03/15/2015 Category Menus  
    • By viper63a
      SF2 "MiG Alley" Wings Over Korea (KAW v1.2) Hi-Res 1920X1080 Menu Screens and Music v7
      By Viper 04/26/2020
      I made these upgraded alternate "Korean Air War" themed Menu screens to go with Do335's "SF2 Wings Over Korea" package!

Pleae unzip the compressed file and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are some alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.

If you choose to install these screens, I recommend that you back up your FLIGHT and MENU folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this mod into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.

To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT and MENU folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder.

C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\Strikefighter2 Korea\

Enjoy!
    • By viper63a
      SF2 NorthAtlantic "Top Gun" Themed Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens and Music v7
      By Viper 05/17/2020
      I've seen some very nice screens in 1920x1080 mode, so I thought I'd give it try. So here is my "Top Gun" contribution! Special thanks to Homefies and Spectre8750 for their contributions that led me here...
      This mod includes custom "Top Gun" themed menu screens, pilots and music. I used the MENU INI files to reuse the music files for different menus. This reduces the size of the package as I don't have duplicates of the same music files for different menus. You should unzip the file and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are MANY alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.
      If you choose to install these screens, I recommend that you back up your FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this mod into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.
      To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder.
      C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighter2 NorthAtlantic\
      Enjoy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..