Sign in to follow this  
Pepelev

Pepelevs favorite fitter

Hello all, I've re-written my S-32MK post, and included stats and figures, service career and operators!! Happy reading! 

IMG_5639.PNG

IMG_5640.PNG

IMG_5641.PNG

IMG_5642.PNG

IMG_5643.PNG

The LSK, the AirForce of the  GDR, East Germany definitly never used the Su-20, because at the end of the 70th no Sukhoi jets were used. To buy Sukhoi planes would need a completly new infrastructure. Because the MiG-23MF was coming in 1978, the acquisition  of MiG-23BN was the call of the day.

Later, when the MiG-23BN proofed as pure dumb iron dropper, the LSK started to search for a new fighterbomber. So we got the Su-22M4 and the Su-22UM-3K. For this birds a completly new airbase was built. (Rostock-Laage)

11 minutes ago, Gepard said:

The LSK, the AirForce of the  GDR, East Germany definitly never used the Su-20, because at the end of the 70th no Sukhoi jets were used. To buy Sukhoi planes would need a completly new infrastructure. Because the MiG-23MF was coming in 1978, the acquisition  of MiG-23BN was the call of the day.

Later, when the MiG-23BN proofed as pure dumb iron dropper, the LSK started to search for a new fighterbomber. So we got the Su-22M4 and the Su-22UM-3K. For this birds a completly new airbase was built. (Rostock-Laage)

Again this is a FICTIONAL aircraft service career. This post is about the Swpet wing Su-20 prototype had it gone into service.

IMG_4514.JPG

IMG_4515.JPG

Edited by Pepelev

58 minutes ago, Pepelev said:

Again this is a FICTIONAL aircraft service career. This post is about the Swpet wing Su-20 prototype had it gone into service.

I know, but i think, that only the users of the Su-7B would have choosen such a plane. A nation, what i miss is India.  They used the Su-7B during war with Pakistan. And Iraq would also a buyer for such a plane.

The LSK had had a "MiG-only" philosophy at this time.

8 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I know, but i think, that only the users of the Su-7B would have choosen such a plane. A nation, what i miss is India.  They used the Su-7B during war with Pakistan. And Iraq would also a buyer for such a plane.

The LSK had had a "MiG-only" philosophy at this time.

I was going off usesers that could have bought it, LSK for a mig-17 replacement in the attack role and a temporary stop gap before the Su22s 

Is a interesting story, and a cool plane. Maybe one day will make its way to Sf2.

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Is a interesting story, and a cool plane. Maybe one day will make its way to Sf2.

You could use an available Fitter-model, deactivate the swingwings and add some pylons and stuff via fakepilot. Seems to be not to complicated from a first view.:pilotfly: