Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pepelev

Pepelevs favorite fitter

Recommended Posts

Hello all, I've re-written my S-32MK post, and included stats and figures, service career and operators!! Happy reading! 

 

IMG_5639.PNG

IMG_5640.PNG

IMG_5641.PNG

IMG_5642.PNG

IMG_5643.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The LSK, the AirForce of the  GDR, East Germany definitly never used the Su-20, because at the end of the 70th no Sukhoi jets were used. To buy Sukhoi planes would need a completly new infrastructure. Because the MiG-23MF was coming in 1978, the acquisition  of MiG-23BN was the call of the day.

Later, when the MiG-23BN proofed as pure dumb iron dropper, the LSK started to search for a new fighterbomber. So we got the Su-22M4 and the Su-22UM-3K. For this birds a completly new airbase was built. (Rostock-Laage)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gepard said:

The LSK, the AirForce of the  GDR, East Germany definitly never used the Su-20, because at the end of the 70th no Sukhoi jets were used. To buy Sukhoi planes would need a completly new infrastructure. Because the MiG-23MF was coming in 1978, the acquisition  of MiG-23BN was the call of the day.

Later, when the MiG-23BN proofed as pure dumb iron dropper, the LSK started to search for a new fighterbomber. So we got the Su-22M4 and the Su-22UM-3K. For this birds a completly new airbase was built. (Rostock-Laage)

Again this is a FICTIONAL aircraft service career. This post is about the Swpet wing Su-20 prototype had it gone into service.

 

IMG_4514.JPG

IMG_4515.JPG

Edited by Pepelev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Pepelev said:

Again this is a FICTIONAL aircraft service career. This post is about the Swpet wing Su-20 prototype had it gone into service.

 

 

I know, but i think, that only the users of the Su-7B would have choosen such a plane. A nation, what i miss is India.  They used the Su-7B during war with Pakistan. And Iraq would also a buyer for such a plane.

The LSK had had a "MiG-only" philosophy at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gepard said:

 

I know, but i think, that only the users of the Su-7B would have choosen such a plane. A nation, what i miss is India.  They used the Su-7B during war with Pakistan. And Iraq would also a buyer for such a plane.

The LSK had had a "MiG-only" philosophy at this time.

I was going off usesers that could have bought it, LSK for a mig-17 replacement in the attack role and a temporary stop gap before the Su22s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Is a interesting story, and a cool plane. Maybe one day will make its way to Sf2.

You could use an available Fitter-model, deactivate the swingwings and add some pylons and stuff via fakepilot. Seems to be not to complicated from a first view.:pilotfly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..