Sign in to follow this  

Can someone sticky this please.? create a 3ds max tips n hints thread

I had a pylon that the missile was tilted up on....it wasnt ini related...it was because mesh in 3ds max wasnt correct measurements...this happens if you create a mesh,from say a stock cylinder...of 2m long by 1m dia...and  scale it down to say 1m x.25 m and skin it and done....if you dont xform reset it,then it does what my pylon did.....actually it was outerwing that needed resetting....but what I describe about cylinder causes such issues.easy thing to miss when you do hundreds of parts to a model....

I now create meshes for say pistons in place where I first make the basic cylinder shape.then fashion the 2 halves etc....then If I scale it up...I now always xform reset it before animating and rotating\moving it into place...as resetting it when its at odd angles is hard if not impossible some times.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2

I've learned before I attach meshes or add animations, I xform reset and also reset the pivots. then I move them to where they need to go and animate the meshes.