On 29/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, russouk2004 said:

ok Flamesky....do this....

in flight folder find you soundslist.ini...add these and make numbers consequetive... replace the XXX with next numbers...

SoundFileXXX=ADEN5
SoundFileXXX=Gau8a

Then scroll down and add these...

[ADEN5]
Priority=NORMAL
Looped=TRUE
NumBuffers=4
3DSound=TRUE
DopplerEffect=FALSE
MaxDist=1000.000000
MinDist=50.000000
InsideConeAngle=360
OutsideConeAngle=360
ConeOutsideVolume=0

[Gau8a]
Priority=NORMAL
Looped=TRUE
NumBuffers=2
3DSound=TRUE
DopplerEffect=FALSE
MaxDist=1000.000000
MinDist=50.000000
InsideConeAngle=360
OutsideConeAngle=360
ConeOutsideVolume=0

Then drop the new 30MM_ADEN5 folder into ur guns folder....and Gau8a wav into sounds....

check with gun ed to see they are loaded in game.

30MM_ADEN5.7z

I hear every sound just by dropping the WAV files inside Sounds, but not the gun sound for my Italian IDS Tornado made by @guuruu. I tried add the Soundlist file i found inside the package to my Flight folder, and now all sounds are gone.

If i remove it i hear everything again, but not the gun. I tried changing the BK-27 WAV sound with the default Cannon, changing its name to BK-27, but nothing changed.

What do i have to do? Thanks

I'm thinking you have a "virgin" Soundlist.ini and it's reading off of that. What you should do is using the CAT Extractor, find the game's soundlist.ini and add that gun sound to it, and put it in the Flight folder.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EricJ said:

I'm thinking you have a "virgin" Soundlist.ini and it's reading off of that. What you should do is using the CAT Extractor, find the game's soundlist.ini and add that gun sound to it, and put it in the Flight folder.

I don't know if i have the CAT extractor, modded SF2 for a while now and never used or heard it.

I don't have a Soundlist folder in Flight, i added the SOUNDLIST.ini i found in the Tornado package i downloaded.

All the other custom sounds such as engine and gear are working just by dropping them into Sounds, the gun is the only thing not

Well the CAT extractor is in the Download section under Utilities. I looked at the gun files and it says "Cannon", so I assume the default sound. Hopefully guruu chimes in and helps, because it looks like it should work right out of the box.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Well the CAT extractor is in the Download section under Utilities. I looked at the gun files and it says "Cannon", so I assume the default sound. Hopefully guruu chimes in and helps, because it looks like it should work right out of the box.

Never used the CAT, sounds kinda hard to use and don't know how to.

Sounds weird all sounds work just by dropping them, and only one doesn't, maybe i can fix that without using the CAT?

Well normally what we do is take the one from the CAT File and add to it, and it works like that. My only thought is that it may be out of order on the Soundlist.ini that you have already, but it's a complete one, but check the sequence and see if it's not a typo or something, as "Cannon" is a default sound, and something is out of whack apparently, and I'm trying to help (not that well I apologize) figure it out.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Well normally what we do is take the one from the CAT File and add to it, and it works like that. My only thought is that it may be out of order on the Soundlist.ini that you have already, but it's a complete one, but check the sequence and see if it's not a typo or something, as "Cannon" is a default sound, and something is out of whack apparently, and I'm trying to help (not that well I apologize) figure it out.

What sequence should i put? I don't know if i have to edit it and how. This is the SOUNDLIST.ini that was in the package: Add_SOUNDLIST.INI

Yeah you're doing it all wrong. Take this Soundlist.ini and ADD that stuff to the one I gave you from the Tornado pack. in sequential order.

SOUNDLIST.INI

Edited by EricJ
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EricJ said:

Yeah you're doing it all wrong. Take this Soundlist.ini and ADD that stuff to the one I gave you from the Tornado pack. in sequential order.

SOUNDLIST.INI

Thanks very much

No problem

• Thanks 1