Sign in to follow this  
General PB

A bit of help wanted with mods

i have still to figure out how to properly mod my new sf2 install and i am a bit of a dumdum when it comes those issues, i have tried to just mod the base sf2 campaign Burning Sands (1959) to give the mercenary squadron more cash as a start so i can figure out how to start doing the rest.

i made a flight directory in my saves folder and extracted the missiondata001.cat into it

i.e. my folder is:

C:\Users\evil overlord\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Flight\MissionData001

and i am trying to edit the campaign1_data.ini to simply add more cash to the merc squadron for now (was trying to add more land units and stuff but i am back to just trying to change one thing and getting that to work so i can later do a custom campaign)

the options.ini has
[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=C:\Users\evil overlord\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2
Editors=StrikeFighters2

but for now, nothing changes when i try to start a new merc campaign, any ideas what i am doing wrong?

thank you yes i do, i also have it installed, but since i wanted to do more than that for modding i kinda wanted to learn how everything works in regards to mods so that i can change more than what the cc allows you to do

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By LilLucy
      Sooooo since the last topic was kinda ded i decided to post again.
      Basically im editing the Su-35 cockpit  and i like the re texture ive been workin on 

But the HUD i really wanna change to the Modern Flanker cockpit HUD made for Marc's Sukhoi's (HUD pic below) 
      sooo im asking on how to do it, since the HUD the 35 cockpit came in would look too old to put in a modern Fighter like the Su-35. 
      Please help.. so i can finally release the Su-35 mod..
      sincerely
      -Noon

• By LilLucy
      Hello Ya'all
      Im editing the cockpit of the Su-37 mod so i can fit it in my WIP  Su-35 Flanker-E, ive only changed the textures for it for now and im looking on ways to change the HUD display from the one default in the cockpit to the one below

tried to just delete the HUD folder in the cockpit folder and copy this HUD folder there and i thought thats just it since when i change the Revi sight on 109's i just change the tga file and edit the .ini soo might need help..
      tried looking into the old forum post "Cockpit tips" or something by Russok and didnt found much that helps with HUD's

• By LilLucy
      Heyoo 
      if ya noticed a couple of minutes a go i posted some ss of my Su-30KI, now im not gonna post it for download because im planning to make it into the 35S with Thrust vectoring and a new cockpit. now..
      what do i use to edit cockpit models? what software needed to design it or any utilities? (the Su-35 cockpit for download dont look so great and i wanna improve on it a lot)
      Secondly, How do i add thrust vectoring nozzles to an aircraft without Thrust vectoring?.
      > The model i use as a base is Marcfighter’s Su-27 and i also have the 37 installed and see it has the nozzles modeled and working.
      Sincerely,
      Noon

• By one4five
      how`s it going?
      now i got 3d max 2009 32 bit, installed the twexporter into 3dmax/plugins/ folder
      lod option isn`t there as export format, what am i missing here?
      thank you
    • By BasBoss
      Hey, I own Strike Fighters 2 Flight Simulator I want to install new aircraft like the F-16 and F-35. The videos I have seen show an "EXE" and "INI" file. I don't have them. Also, I installed the game on a different drive named "G" rather than the o so common "C" drive. I read the Readme and the Knowledge Hub but the are unclear and/or again show those "EXE" and "INI" files. All the videos I have seen make a new standalone game and download a mod. I want to add an aircraft to the game, I don't know how to do it and if it works where I can select and play said aircraft. Please help me Idk if this is even going to be seen. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..