Sign in to follow this  
General PB

A bit of help wanted with mods

i have still to figure out how to properly mod my new sf2 install and i am a bit of a dumdum when it comes those issues, i have tried to just mod the base sf2 campaign Burning Sands (1959) to give the mercenary squadron more cash as a start so i can figure out how to start doing the rest.

i made a flight directory in my saves folder and extracted the missiondata001.cat into it

i.e. my folder is:

C:\Users\evil overlord\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Flight\MissionData001

and i am trying to edit the campaign1_data.ini to simply add more cash to the merc squadron for now (was trying to add more land units and stuff but i am back to just trying to change one thing and getting that to work so i can later do a custom campaign)

the options.ini has
[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=C:\Users\evil overlord\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2
Editors=StrikeFighters2

but for now, nothing changes when i try to start a new merc campaign, any ideas what i am doing wrong?

thank you yes i do, i also have it installed, but since i wanted to do more than that for modding i kinda wanted to learn how everything works in regards to mods so that i can change more than what the cc allows you to do

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AxtonJT
      Hello people,
      I've recently came across Strike Fighter 2 by looking for a good Combat simulator which isn't very simulative (like DCS) but also isn't totally arcade (like the majority of the fighter games out there). Also I was looking for a good game with a chance to play tons of planes so I think I'm in the right place.
      Just to give some more details regarding my experience in Combat simulators, I've played from the oldest Jane's IAF, Eidos JSF to Warthunder. The last one is what I'm actually looking to achieve in terms of Command configuration.
      I guess SF2 is pretty tough to learn but I have some issue with the controls. I don't have any Joystick/Hotas/Gamepads so I kept the keyboard configuration, but I've noticed that is very hard to move the plane with the arrows especially to keep the plane straight in the same position.
      I've tried to go mouse+keyboard configuration but the mouse controls are reversed (if I move the mouse ahead the plane is going up, insted to going down as it should be) so it's even worst compared to keyboard.
      So I am here to ask you guys which configuration do you have, if you have any tips and if there is any way, maybe, to configure also the mouse in better way.
      Thanks 

• By VonBeerhofen
      Now playing in the EAW Launchpad, Operation Husky, the Allied Invasion of Italy. New true WWII railroad map (in yellow).
      VonBeerhofen

• By ALVAROIDEAL
      Hello everyone, I have a problem with my weapon editor! after I changed sf2 NA from a location C: to D: I simply open the editor and nothing is empty! In sf2 appears all there to select and arm and play but in the editor does not appear and I have no way to edit
      D: \ SAVED GAMES \ ThirdWire \ StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic-mod.exe \ Objects \ Weapons
        in the directory
      [WeaponEditor]
      TargetDirectory = C: \ Thirdwire \ SFP_FalklandsPack \ SFP_FalklandsPack \ Objects \ Weapons
      ImportDirectory = D: \ Strike Fighters_SP4 \ Strike Fighters \ Objects \ Weapons
      PositionX = 698
      PositionY = 96
      it's all scrambled!
        can someone help me ?!

• By Betta94
      HI 
      As the title said i am a lost soul, i've been reading and areading about the fake pilots mod. But where is it? where can i download it? i can see a lot of mods require it but i cant seem to find a download for it. 
      is this a problem on my end or is the mod impossible to find.

Kindest regards 
      Adam 
    • By KJakker
      Link to and copy of the Cold Waters Modding Guide by Killerfish Games.
      Modding Guide By Killerfish Games

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..