Open Club  ·  12 members

Sign in to follow this  
VonBeerhofen

New 3D smoke file

Wasn't very happy with the dual purpose dual smoketrail I created long ago so I created a more substantial one with 3D effect which works better in all situations when active. OK, that's perhaps a little biassed observation but I hope you guys agree with me after seeing these pictures. Hope you guys can see which one and that the effects detail setting is working again in high mode, :)

BTW , have you noticed the EAWPRO club recently expanded by 25%! Not bad in such a short time for EAW standards eh?

VonBeerhofen

VBHTreatment2.jpg

VBHTreatment1.jpg

And here's the Super Smoke Trail

SuperTrail.jpg

Edited by VonBeerhofen

The ground strike smoke looks good!

The trailing smoke from a plane seems slightly odd, since its so big and dense at the end of the trail.  Well its dense for too long of a duration I think, maybe too far back from the plane.
But it still looks cool though, I can see where you have thinned it out after the dense trail, however.

Mark,

the thinned out bit at the end is actually what remains of the contrail. There are a few options to truely thin out the end but I haven't decided yet on which one is best. One option is to remove smoke from the last frames in the drawing animation and another is to extend the inner smoke trail so it trails the main smoke. That animation is already more open due to it's dual purpose to function as a trail or a smoke. Perhaps there's another possibillity to draw less smoke frames at the end which should also help and change transparency depth, a combination of all is probably best and I'll see what I can do to thin it out when I've got some spare time.

Getting it right is very timeconsuming though, I mean you can only see the effects of what you've done in battle but I'll keep trying!

VBH

I'm not sure if I was clear. The white smoke, the main trail at the end is kinda big. (not the dissipating trail at the very end).

Doesn't matter that much, its just what I noticed. No need to worry about it, really. But thanks for the consideration.

Yeah that's what I gathered. In fact the smoke isn't disipating at all, a calculation diminishes transparency the longer the trail gets, currently the highest transparency sits at the start. Perhaps it helps when tranparency increases towards the tail end of the trail. There's a lot of options really and prior to this version dozens of drawings were tested and like cloudlayers each one had it's own charme, sadly I can't put them all in at the same time, lol.

Experiments will continue but I realise that some may like the older versions better. Therefore EAWPRO allows each effect to be changed individually and all previous created versions can be used at will. It won't look the same in my other addons as I feel a different effect will only add to the atmosphere of the addon and the use of other smokesets gives people a large option to experiment themselves.

Even the transparency files are interchangeable, so the same drawing can be used with various transparency depths, however when used in combination hundreds of possibillities become available and it can become quite timeconsuming to find the best combination of files.

VonBeerhofen 

Edited by VonBeerhofen

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PJB
      requesting any effects mods expert to please make some realistic effects of aircraft explosion fire flares countermeassure and flames effects for strike fighters 2 that can be compared to dcs world or war thunder !! i have each and every effects mods never found a good taste 

• By VonBeerhofen
      That's what you get when wearing headphones and you don't hear the incoming bullets from an enemy behind you  hitting your plane. Or maybe our hearing is getting impaired after so many years of flying this game, :D   VBH
    • By VonBeerhofen
      occasionally you can get these interesting smoke effects in EAWPRO generated by the new randomly asigned and expanded effects routines, giving many a much wider use. Besides that there are more smoketypes available which have new uses. Each animation is sixteen 64 pixel drawings in 8 bit using an entire 256 x 256 pixel PCX. Here a few expanding black smoke clouds were generated after two planes collided and you can still see a firey wing dropping down.

VonBeerhofen
    • By VonBeerhofen
      This night screen shows EAWPRO's bullet impact animation routine in action. Impacts can select a short animation within any of the available smoke and fire animations starting from any frame in that animation. I don't know offhand how many available drawings that is but roughly well over 200! This mimics bullets hitting various types of ground or objects and can for instance even use the watersplash animation when hitting a fuel cannister or something simmilar, as can be seen on the left of the screen where also a fire has started after the impact.

BTW, notice that not all drawings are illuminated at night.
      VonBeerhofen
    • By VonBeerhofen
      The code was already there, it just had to be found and implemented. Took me a while though, :) Texture may still change.

VonBeerhofen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..