Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Cable modem service can't get here fast enough.

My wife and I moved to Southeastern Tennessee (next month makes one year).

For the past year, I have had to deal with dialup connection to the Internet. Although I am grateful for the capability to at least connect to the net, I will finally get cable service within the next two weeks or so.

For over a year now, I have shelved WOV and SF, because 1). I did not want to hassle with dialup connection delays during online simming, and 2) I have spent almost all of my flight sim time with FS2004; and still do.

But, once I get cable service hooked up, I plan to revisit both WOV, and SF.

Looking forward to that, but since I have been "out of the loop" with changes to both sims, where do I begin to add the numerous patches to them?

What is the best place to start? Is there a definitive list of addons, patches, etc... that would make this task easier????

Thanks in advance, and hope to see y'all in the virtual skies.

Navy Chief

AMEC(AW). P.C. Ward, USN, Retired

retnavycpo@gmail.com

hey navychief, nice to see ya again...

hope everything is o.k.

take care,

Nesher

hey navychief, nice to see ya again...

hope everything is o.k.

take care,

Nesher

Hey Nesher. Good to hear from you. It is very strange to log on here now. The names have almost totally changed from the BioHaz days. The atmosphere seems different too. Not as friendly or lively; or at least from the few times I have visited here, it appears that way.

How are things with you? Still doing military service? Stay safe, and keep your head on a swivel.

Navy Chief

Guest Saganuay82

I would say load up SFP1 and WOV. Go to Thirdwires site and download all the patches. You may have to dig a little now to find patch 1 for SFP1.

WOV you will be able just to fly on its own. For SFP1, well it will now depend on what era you want. Korea, Mid east, Euro, WW2 Euro, Pacific air war, modern, Vietnam. They have everything now from 1930s to 2005. Zeros to F/A-18A's.

Edited by Saganuay82

Hey Chief,

I get cable on the first so I'mnot too far behind you. Your CVW40 reserve callsign is still good so you are always welcome to fly FS9 with us. If you've forgot it's KJ-116.

You're right about the tone here, but it's still home.

Hi Nesher, hope all is well.

thanks guys...

i finished a course a month ago, i serve in a non-combat unit

so the only thing i have to keep safe from is the food :P

i feel the same about the atmosphere... things changed a lot from the good old days

thanks again and take care guys!!

Nesher :tomato:

Edited by Nesher

It is very strange to log on here now.  The names have almost totally changed from the BioHaz days.  The atmosphere seems different too.  Not as friendly or lively; or at least from the few times I have visited here, it appears that way.

Navy Chief

NC,

This is very true and something that I wish the CombatACE Staff as well as membership can hopefully change in the future. The numbers at CombatAce have more then doubled since the Biohaz days, but the communication and comaraderie that existed when it was a more closer knit bunch has sure seen better days.

I think we all need to strive harder to bring back those times.

<C>

Fates

I'd say nearly every website that I've visited has at one point or another "changed" in a way that more people than not will agree was not for the better.

From SimHQ and Combatsim all the way back to the pre-www days of CIS, Delphi, and Prodigy. Unfortunately, nothing stays the same forever, and people that are used to a particular way will often drift away when that happens. Nothing to do about it but hope the changes will be minimally disruptive.

The Jedi Master

Hey Chief,

Got my broadband hooked up on the 1st. Went online to fly and the differance was astounding. Hope you get yours hooked up soon, I'm of to fly. Later