Sign in to follow this  
Chugster

How to add carriers to single missions?

So I would like to fly from carriers in 'Nam and desert (both vanilla and Operation Desert Storm).

Can anyone give me a step by step on how to get them in single missions?

Make sure you have the Mission Editor expansion first (I don't remember as it came with the Complete, though it may be called Expansion pack 2 or something like that).

Also make sure you have a carrier of course

Before accepting a mission go through the mission editor (a small pencil icon on the bottom right of the mission) and edit that mission. Next add a carrier by selecting it from the ship icon on the top of the screen. Place it wherever you need it to. Next go to the aircraft button and select the fighter you want and then go to Home Base and select your carrier and your flight will automatically snap to the carrier. Edit anything else you want and go fly.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

Not to be forgetting that the terrain itself needs to be modified for CVBGs. None of the original 4 (Desert, Europe, VN and Isreal) are set up for it.