GKABS

How to make a default texture for a model

I have a question how to make a default texture for a model, say I have 3 textures and I want one to be the default.  or does the game do it automatically (random) or is it based on the terrain map?

8Pretty easy. The first texture in the .INI is the one that works as default. To make it sure, add this line on it:

StartDefaultDate=1

• Like 1

How do you mean...say green for euro map and sand for desert map ?.....or you mean meshes....game doesnt decide textures at all for models...only 3ds max does .my 110 has 5 textures but all are for seperate meshes...only 1 is for fuse,1 for wings....but they are only default for meshes....not game...game just follows info of the lod\texture list it contains...whatever texture you make as default for say parent mesh ...thats it..

if you mean 1st one...you have to have seperate names for each camo type of the model..

like Tiger_Desert.  or Tiger_ETO

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wilches said:

8Pretty easy. The first texture in the .INI is the one that works as default. To make it sure, add this line on it:

StartDefaultDate=1

ahhh didnt realise thats what he meant...if he did lol

• Haha 2

@GKABS If you're talking about ground objects, none of the above answers is correct.

Skins for ground objects are terrain based. Each terrain's .ini file contains a parameter, GroundObjectTexture. In stock terrains, it is usually set to Green or Tan, the result is self-explanatory. Skin folders with names other than Green or Tan will be disregarded completely by the game. In campaigns, it is possible to set specific skins to each ground unit that is defined, but this is another story.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

ahhh didnt realise thats what he meant...if he did lol

Sorry for not making my statement clear. :stars:

6 hours ago, Wilches said:

StartDefaultDate=1

Thank you Wilches :drinks:

6 hours ago, Menrva said:

@GKABS If you're talking about ground objects, none of the above answers is correct

That is exactly what my question was about.:drinks:

• Like 2