Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Shadow in the Cloud

Am I not the only one thinking of the sequence "B-17" from 1981's Heavy Metal animated movie???

Am

• Like 3

Aside from the monster, more like Die Hard in a B-17 with a female lead.

• Haha 3

you know, right??

also, having been inside 2 actual B-17s, I don't remember them being so roomy !! :lol:

• Haha 1

The camera angles may make it seem a little larger than it is. But I think the lead actress is either really small, or that ball turret is a lot bigger than I remember. I think she was the cute little killer girl in the Kick-Ass movies.

On 12/14/2020 at 1:29 AM, Wrench said:

you know, right??

also, having been inside 2 actual B-17s, I don't remember them being so roomy !! :lol:

First that's cool that you were in a B-17

Second I was thinking that myself. Boy that sure is a lot of room in that thing.

Do ball turrets open up like that? I think they wouldn't unless they needed to. Other than it looks like a solid entertaining movie I'll have to pass on. I don't like scary stuff.

there's a hatch on the back (you lay on it in the deployed position), that becomes the "top". The gunner enters the turret when it's retracted into the aircraft, and pointed down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_turret#/media/File:Air_Ministry_Second_World_War_Official_Collection_CI1028.jpg

the turret is unmanned during take off and landings; there's a ground clearence issue (see Amazing Stories "The Mission" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511124/ -- with Kevin Costner!)

• Like 1

It gave me "Overlord" vibes, which to me was dumb and awesome fun. 

Excuse my language sir, but what the flak is this sh*t?

• Haha 1

Nesher, did you watch the trailer?? 

some new WW2 monster movie, soon to be released

Yeah, I saw the trailer.. that's why I asked my question hahaha

B17, WW2 & Monsters.. all & all, Hollywood no longer have ideas for a decent movie so they take what ever comes their way? 🙄