I was wondering how to move SF2 from my HDD to SSD drive. Is it as simple as copy and pasting file from one drive to the next, and lastly how do I make sure game runs of SS dive? I looked on youtube and all I could find was transferring specific Steam games from one drive to the next.  

Regards

Have you checked the SF2 Knowledge Base??

The reason it exists!! Hope this helps!!

Just cut and paste. But keep in mind the mods can be be rewriten with default game files after first starting from new place. The game is portable but mods are not so be careful if you have havy moded game

• Thanks 1

What you really want is for your OS to be on the SSD along with the game files. That will provide you the smoothest game play in any situation. If your SDD is the same size as your HDD then you can just transfer the entire disk image from the HDD to the SDD. Here's a helpful guide: https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/how-to/transfer-os-to-ssd.html

• Like 4

I'm about to get a new computer with a SSD + HDD combo.  So wonder what you did @Gavinray

there are many freeware programs out there that will copy OS and files to new drives

• Thanks 1