GKABS

Weird black line coming from the model in game

I would like to know what is the  cause of this weird black line coming from the model and how to solve it, as it happened one time for me with one of the model that I did earlier

This is the same thaing that happened to me but this is not my model this is OV-1A Bronco. 

Inkedimg00036_LI.thumb.jpg.5741746d26e0be6abb278bf7a25377a0.jpg

Inkedimg00031_LI.thumb.jpg.dffb199bc888f372dc42dc8ad4f043db.jpg

Turn the  Casts Shadow=True to False. that will solve it , also make sure that your pilot isnt set to cast a shadow either, I have found that to be a thing too sometimes.

• Like 1

Thank you for you reply but I think it is something to do with hidden face, or double sided issue. 

Edited by GKABS

I am not into 3D modelling, but if I remember well, this phenomenon started appearing with the second gen games and is being referred to here as a "tractor beam".

Just search the forum for threads where "tractor beam" is mentioned.

Here is an example: 

• Like 2

Thank you m8 :drinks:

an unwelded vertex or edge, double faces or vertex etc. Can be fixed only in 3d max. Not on existing lod.  

• Like 1

I can tell you for a fact, it's coming from the nose gear strut. I did the "hide nodes" trick, and that made it go away. It also had the side effect off removing the nose gear!! :biggrin: (which didn't seem to hinder operations!!!!)

That model is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frakking old, and has so many flaws (mesh-wise). It's like most of  the 1stGens imported to SF2. The newer engine exposed all the shortcomings

• Like 1

Thank you gentlemen :drinks:

I stand corrected, although, the shadow thing is also a reason, Interesting to read why this happens and what causes it. Time for aa new Bronco methinks lol.....Yeah THAT is gonna happen !! 

• Haha 1

yah! on the ov-10a, the tractor beams are coming form the elevator mass balance horns, which is why i removed them from the revamp.

• Like 1