Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

UTP-16LE/ Unicode help

Hello to you all. I was absent a good period because of my painfully slowly recovery from the cancer treatment (chemio/radio therapy). I still have things I didn't recover yet , the taste buds, I don't feel sweet and salt at all and that is frustrating, after one year, food doesn't have any meaning to me and it's a painful feeling. Also my salivary glands are gone and I am struggling to act as a norma/wholel human being. I have to drink water every 5 minutes and eating is a torture in itself because I can't swallow due to lack of saliva etc.

I recently install Win 10, the 64x  pro version and when I resumed the work for modding I noticed that now the SF2 ini files are UTF-16LE instead of Unicode as they were when I was working in Win 7.(If I bring a plane from SF1 should I save all its ini files in UTF-16LE ?) Can, please, anyone , explain me how should I interpret that ? i googled the matter, find some explanation, but I am not sure I undesrtood it so I need a litle help for people who upgraded to Win 10. Thank you in advance. i hope you are all well and healthy.

Edited by UllyB

22 minutes ago, UllyB said:

SF2 ini files are UTF-16LE instead of Unicode

UTF is Unicode. ANSI also works fine, but there's no need to re-save files. Leave all as is.

I guess you meant the SF2 ones, the SF1 ones (in case I want a plane from there) I should save them in UTF-16LE format. Thanks you for help.

On 23/03/2021 at 4:02 PM, UllyB said:

Hello to you all. I was absent a good period because of my painfully slowly recovery from the cancer treatment (chemio/radio therapy). I still have things I didn't recover yet , the taste buds, I don't feel sweet and salt at all and that is frustrating, after one year, food doesn't have any meaning to me and it's a painful feeling. Also my salivary glands are gone and I am struggling to act as a norma/wholel human being. I have to drink water every 5 minutes and eating is a torture in itself because I can't swallow due to lack of saliva etc.

Sounds like a nightmare - is there anything they can do about that or do you have to adapt?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MigBuster said:

Sounds like a nightmare - is there anything they can do about that or do you have to adapt?

Well, it really is a nightmare living it. There is nothing they can do to me, medically speaking, to make things better unfortunately.They say there are slim chances a part of saliva to come back. So far I have one year and one month since the end of the radiotherapie and no sign of getting any saliva in my mouth. There is artificial saliva but it's little to nothing of any use and it tastes awful. You can use it only in periods you are not eating/drinking and it won't last to much time (20-30 minutes). Everything in my mouth is pulverizing and sticks to my mouth and throat and I can't swallow without a yoghurt or similar. I start coughing because atomized food in my throat tend to enter into trachea.There are chances to live without saliva all of my life from now on. Well I guess it's a small price comparing to alternative: DEATH in pains when you reach methastasises.

The other issue, the taste buds is really a torture. I never loose smell so I can smell a food as before but I can't feel its taste. Eating and food in general is social and psichological very important to every human being. When you are healthy you don't realize that, it's for granted and even if you know people get cancer, you have no idea that one day you will realize what does mean not to be able to taste a food you are eating it. It's like oxygen, you take it for granted, but without it you will die suffocated in pains. I know I have to eat in order to survive but knowing that i can't feel it it's depressing... They say that taste recovery is very possible 50% but sometimes it can take years until you recover it. I can't feel sweet and salty which are the main, instead I can feel bitter, spicy which I never was keen to. And as if all these weren't enough, if I eat spicy I have burns on my esophagus which I never had before the cancer. Well...I'll live but it's hard. Thank you for asking. Now after having to deal with these dreadful cancer aftermaths I will pick with care my words when I swear a person whishing him/her bad things to happen to them. I don't wish to anyone what I am getting through now, not even to my enemies. That painfully it is for me.

Edited by UllyB

50% taste recovery sounds like something at the very least - let us pray you have some luck dealing with this terrible outcome.

• Thanks 1

Hope for a recovery of the taste, very important. There are several methods for recovering saliva after a cancer treatmen, xylitol being one of them, but there are also new ones like using Xerostom products with olive oil. Sorry but being a nurse my professional part jumped in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2