Sign in to follow this  
TROOPER117

Pre covid 1916...

Where are you finding these pearls mate ? I assume they are postcards ? Loving this 504 

Great Picture. Where was that a painting of? In 1916 I would have thought the English beaches would have been closed to holiday makers. 

17 hours ago, trotski00 said:

Where are you finding these pearls mate ? I assume they are postcards ? Loving this 504 

I've been collecting these pics for ages just by surfing around the various simming sites, WWI aviation sites and such  :smile:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VFC_Baxter said:

Great Picture. Where was that a painting of? In 1916 I would have thought the English beaches would have been closed to holiday makers. 

Not sure where, but got this one from the Aerodrome site... believed it was 1916, with RNAS Avro floatplane trainer.

If anyone has good knowledge of RNAS training bases they might be able to work out where it might be.

It's near RNAS Capel at Folkestone.   That rising headland and waterfront pavilion are the giveaway.

Just ran across this 1910 postcard of the beach at Folkestone from almost the exact same perspective.

Folkestone_by_the_sea_postcard_002.jpg

• Like 1

Great find Lou, and rather good detective work as well... Psssst! don't tell that Poirot chap!