Sign in to follow this  
VFC_Baxter

Happy As

Took off on a long training flight to fly up the Thames but after 15 minutes or so my TrackIR stopped working to the extent that I could only see straight ahead! My Buttkicker was functioning flawlessly though, as is Fraps. I returned to Sutton Farm and landed successfully and was told that my training was complete and I have been posted to number 16 Squadron RFC.  That rang a bell so I looked on my bookshelf and there was Duncan Grinnel-Milne's book Wind in the Wires. That book covers his experiences in number 16 for just about the period of my posting. How accurate is this sim I keep asking myself. Fantastic work. In real life I guess with 5 hours under my belt I would have been really looking forward to going to the front and giving the Hun a bloody nose in my superb BE2c. Lambs to the slaughter ........ :smile:

• Like 1

You ended up with a stiff neck must have forgotten your silk scarf ;)

If it happens again try unplugging TrackIR and then plug it back in may work, or check if the TrackIR program is still running.

A fine machine the BE2c - just not so great at being shot at I hope you make it through.

Ahhhh our glorious technical marvel that is the BE2. Better at everything except being a combat aircraft. The Eindecker pilots must have been laughing all the way back to the mess. But, it was a cunning plan on our behalf, we were lulling them into a false sense of security, then repeating the process, as they wont expect us to do anything a stupid as repeating the same error twice..........We'll learn 'em !!! 

I have a shameful secret. I am a Quirk fan. Just look at them pipes. She is beautiful. Edwardian class (no, not the tarts or the lower classes - yuk). She is steam-punk personified. William Heath Robinson inspired. She would share my bed if it were big enough. I will love her 'til the day I die. Anyone who says otherwise will be challenged to a duel with single shot flintlock pistols.

• Like 1

If you keep flying a BE2, then the day you die will be upon you rather abruptly.

• Haha 1

BE2... known by pilots as being ''Bloody Exposed to''  Well, everything really!

• Haha 1

You, sirs, are very lucky blighters. I have called off the duel at the Maryborough showground, not because of a lack of courage, but because Australia has closed the borders to international travellers. Damned bureaucratic meddlers. My intention had been to plug you both simultaneously and at the same time brandishing twin duelling pistols with some panache and flamboyance. For the ladies. And the Quirk.

• Haha 1

Trotski and Trooper ... what a pair of knockers ... wait let me rephrase that .... :biggrin:

• Haha 1