Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Need advice from modder: Components limitation?

Hello everyone,

I noticed something while working on adding A-6s and EA-6s wing vortex.  As soon I pass Component[033], wing vortex effect no longer show up inflight.  This got me puzzled.

May I ask if there is workaround to component limitation?  I am trying various methods to make it work.  Since A-6 have the big and long wings, it require me to use from Component[011] to [029] for left wing and Component[030] to [048] for right wing.

[AircraftData]
Component[011]=LeftWingVortex1
Component[012]=LeftWingVortex2
Component[013]=LeftWingVortex3
Component[014]=LeftWingVortex4
Component[015]=LeftWingVortex5
Component[016]=LeftWingVortex6
Component[017]=LeftWingVortex7
Component[018]=LeftWingVortex8
Component[019]=LeftWingVortex9
Component[020]=LeftWingVortex10
Component[021]=LeftWingVortex11
Component[022]=LeftWingVortex12
Component[023]=LeftWingVortex13
Component[024]=LeftWingVortex14
Component[025]=LeftWingVortex15
Component[026]=LeftWingVortex16
Component[027]=LeftWingVortex17
Component[028]=LeftWingVortex18
Component[029]=LeftWingVortex19

Component[030]=RightWingVortex1
Component[031]=RightWingVortex2
Component[032]=RightWingVortex3
Component[033]=RightWingVortex4
Component[034]=RightWingVortex5
Component[035]=RightWingVortex6
Component[036]=RightWingVortex7
Component[037]=RightWingVortex8
Component[038]=RightWingVortex9
Component[039]=RightWingVortex10
Component[040]=RightWingVortex11
Component[041]=RightWingVortex12
Component[042]=RightWingVortex13
Component[043]=RightWingVortex14
Component[044]=RightWingVortex15
Component[045]=RightWingVortex16
Component[046]=RightWingVortex17
Component[047]=RightWingVortex18
Component[048]=RightWingVortex19

As always, the advice and information are much appreciated.

Eagle114th

I am afraid that the maximum number of components are 32, I actually have the same problem when trying to identify every turret of the battlecruiser as a single component, but along the rest of the components already in use it got to work just up to the 32nd one. I don't know how this could be overcome, maybe using bigger wing vortex effects allows you to need less components.

not sure how your making your vortexes, but it would likely be better to make one or two multi part vortexes and add than 19 individuals. not saying one single one, but maybe 2-3 rather than 19 (or 38 if you go and total it up...)

i look at it like decals: you can only put three really on a mesh. so if you have a lot that you want on via tga, you might need to make a bigger tga. (disregarding peoples disputes with me on just putting markings on skins)

in the end its a blend of getting the most detail in within limited resources. it would be no fun if it wasnt a little challenging:biggrin:

Edited by daddyairplanes

I "assume" they're all listed on the outer wing component?? How about adding them to the inner wing -- the location of the effect is all that matters

But I do agree with DA -- that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many listings. Need a more singular effect.

4 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

not sure how your making your vortexes, but it would likely be better to make one or two multi part vortexes and add than 19 individuals. not saying one single one, but maybe 2-3 rather than 19 (or 38 if you go and total it up...)

i look at it like decals: you can only put three really on a mesh. so if you have a lot that you want on via tga, you might need to make a bigger tga. (disregarding peoples disputes with me on just putting markings on skins)

in the end its a blend of getting the most detail in within limited resources. it would be no fun if it wasnt a little challenging:biggrin:

Thank you for the advice!  May I ask, is there a way to combine multi effects in one effect like weapon effect for aircraft wing vortex?  I will look into combining multi vortex by tga. That will be an interesting challenges.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

I "assume" they're all listed on the outer wing component?? How about adding them to the inner wing -- the location of the effect is all that matters

But I do agree with DA -- that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many listings. Need a more singular effect.

That is noted. Thank you for the advice.  For some reasons, the codes is not working when using with other codes such as fuselage, inner wing, or outer wing.  For example:

[Fuselage]

(Changed name from Components[XXX] to SystemName[XXX]

SystemName[014]=LeftWingVortex1
SystemName[015]=LeftWingVortex2
SystemName[016]=LeftWingVortex3
SystemName[017]=RightWingVortex1
SystemName[018]=RightWingVortex2
SystemName[019]=RightWingVortex3

This doesn't work and the wing vortex doesn't show up.  Tried changing Systemname[XXX] to Components[XXX], still doesn't work either.  What should I do to make effects that previously uses Components to work with Systemname?

By the way I sent you PM question about C-47 door animation.

Cheers!

Edited by Eagle114th