toot

Converting Falcon BMS models to SF2

Hi, was wondering if it's possible to convert Falcon BMS models and insert them into SF2? If so, how hard would it be? iirc both falcon bms and sf2 use LOD files. thanks! 

I mean you can try, but it goes to the point on here of it being from another game, and maybe piracy. We've had some issues with some other people doing that and frankly is a zero-tolerance policy. I mean I'm sure the BMS Viper is better looking, but for legality's sake it's best to use what's available here.

If you get the full authorization from the maker and the plane has the maximun polygons equal or below the game's specification, go on!

I do noit see *.lod files. may be i search not at right place. But i bet it is different lod files. Lod this si not the specification of file kinda JPG. A lot of games have their personal LOD files. And i dont see that BMS aircrafts worth convertation.

Edited by bazillius

5 minutes ago, Wilches said:

If you get the full authorization from the maker and the plane has the maximun polygons equal or below the game's specification, go on!

i tried loading a bms LOD into the LOD viewer and it crashed, so either i did something wrong or its just too big :/ i feel like if it doesnt work for the lod viewer it wont work in sf2 

Heavens... Just because the file extension name is LOD doesn't mean it's exactly the same file type of Strike Fighters 2. File extension names are arbitrary, by no means one should assume they are related by their file extension name. On top of that, Falcon BMS and Strike Fighters run on totally different game engines.

Many third party objects and aircraft of Strike Fighters have much higher detail and fidelity. I recall various objects in Falcon BMS still have a very low number of polys, mostly remainders of the original Falcon 4.0. Not worth converting, simply put.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Heavens...

We all, everybody wants mirracle. He see aircrafts and thinks Goosh.... this is a treasure chest ! Only i found it..... now i will just transfer everything to thee game (devil laugh ahahahaha!!!) Copy..... Paste.... Not working.... All we are believe in fairitales sometimes and want easy desisions. It's better to try and lose than not to try and fail. :biggrin:

• Haha 3

On 12/21/2022 at 8:51 PM, Menrva said:

Heavens... Just because the file extension name is LOD doesn't mean it's exactly the same file type of Strike Fighters 2. File extension names are arbitrary, by no means one should assume they are related by their file extension name. On top of that, Falcon BMS and Strike Fighters run on totally different game engines.

Many third party objects and aircraft of Strike Fighters have much higher detail and fidelity. I recall various objects in Falcon BMS still have a very low number of polys, mostly remainders of the original Falcon 4.0. Not worth converting, simply put.

On 12/21/2022 at 5:33 PM, toot said:

Hi, was wondering if it's possible to convert Falcon BMS models and insert them into SF2? If so, how hard would it be? iirc both falcon bms and sf2 use LOD files. thanks! 

falcon bms has dds files 😁

if you want to do something then improve the ugly burning and fire effects of bms 🥲