Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

OBD needs your help! Donation Drive

Hi Guys, as you may know OBD has big plans to bring the Belgian Air force, and much more to WOFF. However in the meantime we are struggling to continue. We are in a niche area, and the rewards are very low.

If you can help us, please donate via Paypal on the website, using the yellow "DONATE" button, it will really help us to carry on! (Please see the attached images on where to find the donate button).

Many thanks.

https://www.overflandersfields.com/
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com/

WOFF_Donate.jpg

WOTR_Donate.jpg

Edited by Polovski

Done. I only wish I could donate more.

Many thanks guys, no problem times are tough for everyone.  As one famous Grocery store says here "Every little helps".

Edited by Polovski

Recently reinstalled and loving it! How much would one need to gift to see the SPAD XII-Canon added? I've been doing a fair bit of research pulling together photos, primary source data from the French archives, Guynemer's original letters etc (another trip planned in April to hunt the test data from mid 1917).

Great glad you are enjoying it Waggaz.  Mm interesting idea - buy an aircraft ;). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Polovski said:

Great glad you are enjoying it Waggaz.  Mm interesting idea - buy an aircraft ;). 

Absolutely loving it. Even the quick scenario with the Snipes vs Fokkers is epic and still looks great on my 4K screen. Have you thought about moving to a new engine like Digital Warfare? 1C have a couple of community and 3rd party studio partnerships.

If you’re interested to read more on the SPAD Canon there’s a ton of stuff including never-before seen photos and primary documents in the il2 link above. Funding a virtual plane is cheap than building a real one!

Yes we have thought many times about new engines. One or two promising avenues never came good.  It is what it is right now - plus there's only 2 of us working on the whole thing so not an easy task.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 12:35 PM, Polovski said:

Yes we have thought many times about new engines. One or two promising avenues never came good.  It is what it is right now - plus there's only 2 of us working on the whole thing so not an easy task.

All I can say is that the work you have done is incredible. It's the best single player experience for any sim out there today. If you had a more modern engine offering an enhanced DM, multiplayer/coop, and VR you'd have the best WW1 sim of all time. It amazes me how the bigger developers fall down on single player content and AI. Not everyone wants to grind out in War Thunder or airquake in DCS. Let me know if you fancy a SPAD XII sponsor + data....

Thanks for the comments Waggaz. Sure we'll let you know :)

• Thanks 1

I am not posting this to brag, but in the effort to encourage others to help, I will say that I donated $100. I know for some it may be difficult financially but any amount helps. To me, that is nothing for something that I've enjoyed since P2 when I first discovered OFF. Thank you to everyone involved, both past and present, who strive to continue to make this sim what it is and what it can be in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Much appreciated goose814  :good: