GKABS

Difference between hitboxes and collision points?

I have one question and I hope to find the answer for it. 

What is the difference between the hitboxes and the collision points ?

Thanks

collision points destroy aircraft when it meet another aircraft in the air, hitbox catch the missile. if missile do not meet hitbox it will not ruine the part of aircraft which is connected to it. Turn off hitboxes and your aircraft will be unvulnerable. Turn off colision piints and your aircraft will run through another aircraft like a ghost

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Collision points are also used for contact with ground (take-off, landing) and ground objects (eg walls, buildings, not checked the details).

• Like 5

Thnak you so much for you help generation. :good:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GKABS said:

Thnak you so much for you help generation. :good:

I also want to add that, for example, an IR missile flies to the center of the aircraft and not to the engine, as it is in BMS Falcon 4.0. Other missiles the same. Flie in the geometrical center of a target.

Whether the missile hits the center or not it depends on the accuracy and resistance to countermeasure of the missile written in the date of the missile and on the maneuvers of the aircraft and on other parameters, but this is how it is in the game. At least one hitbox must overlap a geometric center of the target.  This is a shortcoming that has to be put up with .

The same is true for ground objects. If you have a group target, for example, a radar and an electrical support vehicle serving this, and they are separated by several meters, then the hitbox of both vehicles should overlap the geometric center. Unless, of course, you want AI planes with SEAD missions not to stick to this place and start flying in circles, shooting at the center of the target and hitting the gap between these machines over and over again. Or alternatively, add a separate small hitbox to existing hitboxes to the center and link it to both machines (it needs some dances with dumy objects or using tricks with parts of a model). And when you fly on your own, then, of course, to immerse yourself in the game, shoot at the cars, and not at the center.

Edited by bazillius
missssssssssssprints
  • Like 4

On 29.07.2023 at 7:04 PM, bazillius said:

I also want to add that, for example, an IR missile flies to the center of the aircraft and not to the engine, as it is in BMS Falcon 4.0. Other missiles the same. Flie in the geometrical center of a target.

No my friend. IR missiles are targeting exhaust position. I was trying it on my helicopters and set exhaust point 5m after ones. IR missiles never hits. Ofc it can be some bug in my experiments, but I'm 75% sure it is working this way :smile:.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, guuruu said:

but I'm 75% sure it is working this way :smile:.

Okay, i will try to discover it more detailed.Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1