Eagle114th

Questions about DLL files editing / modding

The ethical way is making the EXEs mandatory, so any modding patch requires the original EXE.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 4:13 AM, Stratos said:

The ethical way is making the EXEs mandatory, so any modding patch requires the original EXE.

That is noted and thank you for the advice.

Eagle114th

Hey guys

I'm telling these points to share some ideas of mine for things we can improve. ( I might be wrong at some points ) 

There are 2 factors that will make a flight sim to have a high populated community:

1.Graphics

2.Multiplayer

At the first stage I think we should work on high res - high detail textures to bring HDR feeling and also some more creativity to bring some better lightings to the game.

then we should make little changes to some .LOD models under license of original developers because for example for cockpit shadows we need to make the models to have no holes AND we should add some better reflections to some models and etc.

right now, with editing only .ini files, the game is better than ever + having reshade will give you some fun times flyin' but that's not enough!

then we should modernize the user interface of some parts like mission editor and etc.

For multiplayer, there are some disabled stuff within the .ini files that makes you to ask " Why? " and I know y'all know about them.

but with lot of coooo0o0odings and  developing some 3rd party stuff we can just try. I mean there are some games like Skyrim or whatever which they don't have any multiplayer functionality but there are some mods to let players, play the game online with friends. and yes, it's very hard to do it for this game but I thinks it's not impossible or as I said before ,maybe I'm wrong.

we should spend lot of times for the game and yes, I know that most of the mod makers which they have some cool and nice information about the game engine and other details, they're all offline since many years ago. 

I think we can revive the game and the community with these 2.

I fully agree with Eagle's sentiment.

SF2 has a great potential, there are so many mods for it, so many stuff...

Yet, the quality of simulation is simply depressing. Yes, semi-casual sims are a thing but simulation of many aspects in SF2 is way too simplified.

There is, of course, neither the need neither the capabilities to make SF2 into a hardcore sim like DCS or BMS. What should be the level of simulation to strive for, in my opinion, is Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2.

Lock On is a casual sim too, and it is as old as SF. Likewise, you start the plane with one - two buttons max, but the simulation of the main systems is simply better. Just download Lock On 2 and play around with it if you haven't already, it is quite easy to get into yet is more pleasant if you care about how the stuff actually works.

it is not going to be any easy journey down this road.

For someone who has explored the raw code, you will quickly noticed most of the DLLs and EXEs are shelled. and they are shelled using a propriatary program probably held by 3W...

• Like 1