Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

Strike missions only target cargo ships?

Yeah change ServiceEndYear= to 2060 and beyond and it will appear.

Thank you everyone.  Will give it a try....

No problem, hopefully things will work out for you...

Alright.  I'm giving up.  I set Kuztnetsov end year to 2060 and It won't appear in 2005, well within start year....  Won't work on Kuril, Kamchatka, even north atlantic.

The game will never spawn a carrier on its own. You also need destroyers, frigates and so on to go alongside the carrier. The game will spawn a carrier strike group if you have those other ships available for that timeframe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Alright.  I'm giving up.  I set Kuztnetsov end year to 2060 and It won't appear in 2005, well within start year....  Won't work on Kuril, Kamchatka, even north atlantic.

Hi,

Well, this seems rather strange.

I have a fully merged install. I downloaded and installed both the Kuznetsov and the Kuril Islands map. Everything works perfectly, with no need to mod or change anything. If I select strike as mission type, I get a Soviet battle group as target. Cargo ships only appear as targets when I fly an anti-shipping mission, so, to me, it seems strange that you get cargo ships as targets in a strike mission.

Also, in case of a merged install, it does not matter which exe you use to start the game as long as the corresponding options.ini file points to the appropriate mod folder. By default, each exe uses its own individual folder, meaning it can see only mods which are installed in its own mod folder. The mod folder can be anywhere, even different exes can use the same mod folder.

• Like 1

where would I finds the options.ini file?

It's working.  But with the Varyag.  Kuznetsov data file must be broken somehow.

I just downloaded the newest Varyag file and dropped it in the Ground Objects within the mod folder.  It pops up in 2015. So I know my install isn't broken now....just Kuznetsov.

14 hours ago, TheStig said:

Kuznetsov data file must be broken somehow.

well, that would be a high level of realism for the mod :lol:

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

well, that would be a high level of realism for the mod :lol:

LOL the game is quite accurate.

• Like 1