HantuLaut

How to make "mod folder" and how to put addon in it?

Hi, i'm new here. Basically, i already playing this game for one year but i do not play with mods. I play in 2010 version SF2. Yesterday i started to download some mods (addon aircraft). What i do is the main question. I extract the 7z or zip mods file and bingo, there is the aircraft folders. I see on youtube where it says "go to user>saved games> strikefighters>strikefighters europe>object>aircraft>"paste the addon"

So, like that yeah. The problem is, when i use the aircraft such as C123K, the plane is doing well, but the sound doesn't. It doesn't play any engine sound. What i want to ask is, how do i play the engine sound and where do i need to make a "mod folder", does it on c: folder? Or on "Document" section? Please help me🙏

For questions like yours we have a knowledgebase in this forum.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, i still don't understand the knowledgebase. It tells me that i need to make another folders such as Terrain and Campaign. But, in the other hand, i don't understand is the object addon file must be copied to the original "object" folder that is located in the SF2 directory or we need to put it on the "new" folders?

Do i need to uninstall the game and start it from 0 again?

Edited by HantuLaut

31 minutes ago, Gepard said:

For questions like yours we have a knowledgebase in this forum.

Sorry, i still don't understand the knowledgebase. It tells me that i need to make another folders such as Terrain and Campaign. But, in the other hand, i don't understand is the object addon file must be copied to the original "object" folder that is located in the SF2 directory or we need to put it on the "new" folders?

Do i need to uninstall the game and start it from 0 again?

No, you simply create the folders by hand.

Basic computer skills are necessary; things like copy/paste, cut/paste, drag & drop, create folder, etc. EVERYTHING you add goes into the Mods Folder.

READ the enclosed read me's inside the download -- all you need to know is there. For the most part, the instructions are very simple and easy to follow. And if done by the mod maker correctly <cough> all one needs to do is unzip, and copy/paste the provided folder(s) into the mod folder. It's not rocket science.

Here's an excerpt from a text file from sometime in the past about installing an aircraft. REMEMBER -- this is just an example aircraft, but the procedure is the same

After unpacking the zip file (in a temporary folder), you’ll find a ‘Readme.txt’ file (that unfortunately doesn’t tell anything about how to install) and two subfolders (Objects and Sounds). The ‘Objects’ contains 3 subfolders: Aircraft, Decals and Weapons. This matches the folder structure of your mod folder.

The aircraft itself is in the Aircraft folder (you would have guessed that). In this case you will find 6 variants of the Draken. All you have to do is to copy the folder of the aircraft you want in the \Objects\Aircraft of your Mod folder. Then if you start the game and go to Single Missions, the new aircraft will show, and you can fly it.

However, at this point you’ll find yourself in the cockpit of what sounds like a glider. That’s because the Draken doesn’t use stock engine sounds but comes with its own. These are .wav files that you can find in the ‘Sounds’ folder. You need to copy these files into the Sounds folder in your Mod folder.

Now you can hear your engine but you will notice that you are mostly unarmed. Again, the Draken comes with a bunch of weapons of her own. These are found in the ‘Objects\Weapons’ folder. Like before, just copy the content of this folder in the matching folder in your Mod folder.

Finally, this package contains another folder called ‘Decals’. It contains graphic files use to display some decorations on the aircraft (aircraft number, squadron insignia ...). I’m sure you get it now: just copy the content of this folder in the Objects\Decals folder of you Mod folder.

Note 1: If this his the first time you install an add-on, some of the folders mentioned above do not exist in your Mod folder. You must create them, or simply copy the whole folder from the package to you Mod folder.

Note 2: The Draken package follow the structure of the Mod folder, but not all aircraft packages are that tidy. But now that you know where things go, you should have no problem to install other aircraft.

and here's an excerpt from a recent upload of mine, with the Install Instructions

To Install:

As always reccomended, unzip the "sf2_p51d-crisis_remod_pack.zip" to a temp folder or your desktop or somewhere that's easy to find.

Then, simply Copy/Paste the /Objects folder DIRECTLY into the SF2 Mods folder of your choice. It's already divided into the /Aircraft and /Decals sub-folders.

Copy/Paste the supplied /Sounds folder DIRECTLY over the Sounds folder in your mod folder of choice. You may already have these sounds, so just let it Overwrite if asked.

That should cover it, go fly!

13 hours ago, Wrench said:

Basic computer skills are necessary; things like copy/paste, cut/paste, drag & drop, create folder, etc. EVERYTHING you add goes into the Mods Folder.

READ the enclosed read me's inside the download -- all you need to know is there. For the most part, the instructions are very simple and easy to follow. And if done by the mod maker correctly <cough> all one needs to do is unzip, and copy/paste the provided folder(s) into the mod folder. It's not rocket science.

Here's an excerpt from a text file from sometime in the past about installing an aircraft. REMEMBER -- this is just an example aircraft, but the procedure is the same

and here's an excerpt from a recent upload of mine, with the Install Instructions

example.thumb.jpg.eba89dde8c1c29796f055c75eaf98046.jpgis this correct? i mean, will it be the same like this one or no? ps, i take this screenshot from WOE folders

Is that a pirate copy of Wings Over Europe?

12 minutes ago, Spinners said:

Is that a pirate copy of Wings Over Europe?

yeah, what about the folder, is it will look the same or not?

Edited by HantuLaut

1 hour ago, HantuLaut said:

yeah, what about the folder, is it will look the same or not?

Buy a legitimate copy, where the game creator gets his fair reward, then we'll talk. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Spinners said:

Buy a legitimate copy, where the game creator gets his fair reward, then we'll talk. 

Nah, i respect your opinion about the legitimate copy. But no, thank you. With $99,99 i can get a new Nike Air Jordan or buy a groceries for ±3 month

I'll try to get it by myself, thank you for your time 🙏

• Dislike 3

1 hour ago, HantuLaut said:

Nah, i respect your opinion about the legitimate copy. But no, thank you. With $99,99 i can get a new Nike Air Jordan or buy a groceries for ±3 month

I'll try to get it by myself, thank you for your time 🙏

What's the difference? You're happy to give $99.99 to a corporate giant like Nike for their intellectual property but not to a one-man company trying to keep his head above water. What odd values you have.

• Like 5

And this is why ThirdWire got out of the PC software business as I understand it. Too much piracy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup.

And with that, we'll just go ahead and shut this one down. Pity too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1