• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

My next book released

Written by me. Released by Motorbuchverlag Stuttgart in german language "MiG-23".

ISBN 978-3-613-04632-0

66042eb5a4d50_BuchMiG-23.thumb.jpg.e8022b9b144a071e95011d5fb74ac071.jpg

Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 18

Great! I hope an English version is eventually released.

10 hours ago, streakeagle said:

Great! I hope an English version is eventually released.

I hope so. Perhaps the publishing house finds an english publisher, how it was with the Mi-24 book.

• Like 4

Good job @Gepard!

On 29/3/2024 at 1:22 PM, Gepard said:

I hope so. Perhaps the publishing house finds an english publisher, how it was with the Mi-24 book.

Fingers crossed, I really enjoyed the Hind book.

Maybe one day a MiG-21 book.

10 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Fingers crossed, I really enjoyed the Hind book.

Maybe one day a MiG-21 book.

I had started to write a MiG-21 book some years ago, but an other author was faster and offered his manuscript to the publishing house, while i was still on writing. Bad timing.

• Sad 1

Is the curse of the MiG-21 books, as that "other" one has a out of this planet price.

Congratulations for the new release! :smile:

• Like 1

On 19.4.2024 at 12:41 PM, Stratos said:

Is the curse of the MiG-21 books, as that "other" one has a out of this planet price.

I don't mean the big Yefim Gordon book.

I mean this one, also written in german language:

MiG-21Buch.jpg.b7d4882d7cb01709057ca38ead9be852.jpg

Yefim one is a bit like a bible of the Fishbed, and yes I know there are errors as well. But as is not reprinted it gets amazingly high prices!

• Like 1

I have the Yefim books (got them at list or less). It is like having gold bricks on my shelf.

But I want these German books translated into English. I have the English translation of the Mi-24 Hind book and it is excellent.

• Like 1

What I don't get about the Yefim book about the 21, is why not a reprint?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stratos said:

What I don't get about the Yefim book about the 21, is why not a reprint?

I am sure it will be reprinted. I missed some of the original releases and got reprints of the others. I don't have all of the series, but I have the complete MiG progression: 15, 17, 19, 21, 23/27, 29, 31, Su-7/17, Su-27 They are easy to tell apart: original release books have a darker red color than the newer ones. My MiG-15, MiG-21, and Su-7/17 books are all original releases. I would like an Su-9/11/15 book, I have settled for the smaller paperback on those subjects by Yefim. Amazon.com: Sukhoi Interceptors: The Su-9, Su-11, and Su-15: Unsung Soviet Cold War Heroes eBook : Yefim Gordon, Dmitriy Komissarov: Kindle Store

Edited by streakeagle

Will jump for it, If they ever reprint it.

Posted (edited)

It seems all of the books in the series are falling out of print. I wish I had gotten a few more of the books. I just picked up a used Su-57 book for $25 plus shipping from Amazon, which was effectively free since I used my "Discover bonus" to pay for it. I don't really care about the Su-57, but that book includes coverage of all of the Soviet next gen aircraft, which is cool. I wonder if the Ukraine war is the cause of the end of this series? Maybe once the war ends, publication/re-publication will resume? I want the Tu-22, Tu-95, Su-24, and Su-25 books, which I could have had at list price. I can live without them, but if reprints or a good used price comes up, I will eventually get them.

Edited by streakeagle

I really should sell all of my books. I have reached a point in my life where I don't really want any material goods. The internet appeases my appetite for information. But for some reason, seeing all of my books on a shelf warms my heart. My memory is starting to slip with age. I love being able to go to my books to find information that others want to know but I can't recall accurately. I have so many books, I have trouble remembering which one has the information I recall reading. The internet is so wonderful with free pdfs on so many subjects including flight manuals. But there is nothing more satisfying to me than flipping through the pages of a book. Many of my books are way out of date having been published before the collapse of the Soviet Union, so the information is more speculative. I love seeing the contrast between what the West thought was true and what we know now. Korea and Vietnam histories are much more complete/accurate in recent years. I don't know why I am so obsessed with military aviation technology and history, but it is one of the few things that never bores me.