Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

Late Model RF-4C's : Photo Phantoms After Vietnam

A TMF Rebuilt project

This mod brings four versions of the phamous photo Phantom into the game, and begins to represent it in its final years of USAF service as well as in South Korean service.

Required
A functional copy of any Strike Fighters 2 game except for SF2 North Atlantic (the only one without a native F-4 destroyed model)

Included
Effects, sounds, weapons, and 4 RF-4C aircraft
RF-4C_75: regular tanks and centerline pylon to allow nuke carriage.
RF-4C_85: choice of regular Phantom centerline tank or F-15 style tank. Last full up model in use
RF-4C_LORAN_75: similar to _75 but with dorsal "towel rack" antennae for ARN-92 avionics
RF-4C_ARN_101:  similar to _85, but with the dorsal antennae for the ARN-101 avionics

This pack is the starter kit, with a few skins per aircraft to get started. There are many other skinpacks available to suite your taste in operations; check in the F-4 Skins
section of the SF2 downloads : https://combatace.com/files/category/512-f-4/

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

NOTE!!

This mod is not covered by the CombatAce Freeware Licensing agreement.

What this means is that you can only use this mod for your own use, you CANNOT re-upload it or any part of it unless it is part of a

full terrain package after you ask me or a TMF member for permission.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Credits
-The Mirage Factory        the very original aircraft (see TMF Readme)
-ravenclaw_007                original model, RF-4 pit
-Sundowner                      further modifications to model and pit, effects for new photoflash bombs
-daddyairplanes               skins, tgas, multiple ini edits, creation of 4 distinct aircraft from one model
-guruu                                sounds
-GKABS                             B43 nuclear weapons
-Menrva, NightshadeP/R        testing. Nightshade often shows me my errors in screenshots he's just sharing for fun, while Menrva helps me with the more technical aspects
-Sundowner, ravenclaw_007, yakarov79 and daddyairplanes    templates are a mix of layers as contributed by these four. compiled in current form by daddyairplanes

About The Mirage Factory Rebuilt
 Back in the early days of Wings Over series modding The Mirage Factory, lead by bpao was the peak of modding excellence. Many of their models are still heavily in use today, 15 years later and still amongst the very best. This despite the team not creating any new mods since the passing of Oliver Anguille in 2009.
 But time does move on, and the next generation of modders have ideas, techniques and tools not available back then. With the help of some of the original modellers (who have copies of the original max files) we can update these fine aircraft for the 2020s. Rebuilt for new terrains and campaigns that were just hopeful wishes over a decade ago.
  The Mirage in the logo is camoflaged, much like the real aircraft in later service. The "HD" has been replaced with "Rebuilt" as what was HD in the 2010s is jsut standard today. Finally, the new logo thanks Oli, both for the aircraft that are still relevant today and for the inspiration he's given to the modders that followed him.    

on behalf of The Mirage Factory (original and rebuilt) I thank you for downloading this mod, and hope you enjoy it.

Kevin Unruh aka daddyairplanes

19 July 2024

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.

THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Muesli I see you posted a 4-star review and explained why. Unfortunately, that is not an issue that daddyairplanes can resolve. Microsoft Defender and most browsers these days classify anything with a .7z format as a virus, while it clearly is not. It's a false positive, simply put. Defender and the likes are using machine learning algorithms to identify viruses. I wouldn't trust the AI for simpler tasks, let alone identifying viruses.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Menrva said:

@Muesli I see you posted a 4-star review and explained why. Unfortunately, that is not an issue that daddyairplanes can resolve. Microsoft Defender and most browsers these days classify anything with a .7z format as a virus, while it clearly is not. It's a false positive, simply put. Defender and the likes are using machine learning algorithms to identify viruses. I wouldn't trust the AI for simpler tasks, let alone identifying viruses.

Good to know! i doubted it already, hence my 4 stars! I will find a way to obtain these, one way or another! ;-)

Posted (edited)

not that it should matter I use Firefox for everything except what sites  absolutely wont accept it.

Menrva, as always thank you for the better technical explaination. I sometimes feel like Oddball in Kelly's Heroes: "I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work" :biggrin:

but i was pretty sure any viruses would have been caught by teh test group and relayed back to me loadly by now, so therefore was confident when i first saw the review (about 5 minutes before this post) that it wasnt me.

oh, and woof woof

Edited by daddyairplanes
that's my other dog impression
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nevertheless, the download is still causing issues.  I tried in 3 different browsers to download it, and each time windows successfully blocked the file. So no go in the long run. 

I know I can disable tons of shit in my PC to download these files, but this should not be the solution. Many users are downloading a lot of different files without any issues, so please check this again if possible. 

edit:

the same thing is happening to the Eyes of USAFE pack.

Edited by yakarov79