Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ranger332

Carrier ops

Guest Ranger332

Just finished "flying" with the carriers,cant wait till we can land on them will post pics as soon as netscape is working right :) :)

these arnt my pics these are from the bata testing

[brokeimg]http://www.flightsimdesign.com/bhdeck2.jpg[broke/img]

[brokeimg]http://www.flightsimdesign.com/sisters.jpg[broke/img]

"Currently to use the carrier fly an antishipping mission. The Antishipping mission is usually a group of cargoships but randomly has Tankers at times...this Mod replaces the Cargoship and not the Tanker, so if you get a tanker you will need to exit and reload the mission. A quick way to tell is surface radar, if multiple contacts then likely you got the carrier(s), if a single ship likely a tanker. The Carrier is visible at 8 miles.

Generally while playing this mission I would say that 1/4 to 1/8 of the missions use the Tanker, I am working on getting the Tanker.LOD to work."

http://www.biohazcentral.com/modules.php?o...oads&file=index

Those Carrier Pics are for CFS, not SFP1. As far as BETA testing, the pics are from CFS, I'm not sure where the beta testing was done for THAT version of the carrier (in CFS(2)). The post at SimHQ refers to the fact that the Carriers from CFS are in 3DsMAx format and COULD be imported...however, there still is the landing problem to be worked out.

I can't explain all the SimHq post at this moment because SimHQ is down.

Have Fun!!!

Guest Ranger332

as stated:

CrashAZ

posted 02-02-2003 10:05 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I had a friend point this posting out to me. I have been interested in Strike Fighters if we could involve naval aviation. I would be glad to bring out carriers into the mix.

We build ships in CFS2 currently. I understand that SF uses 3dmax for dev tool.

Anyways here is a couple of pics for ya to see what we do. I think our USS Oriskany,USS Bon Homme Richard and USS Coral Sea would feel at home here.

http://www.flightsimdesign.com/

[brokeimg]http://www.flightsimdesign.com/flyby.jpg[broke/img]

they may join in to developing a good looking carrier for SFP1

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bb...TML/004073.html

I'm gonna try some stuff with the ini files tonight after i call the gf :0

Guest Ranger332

THIS is What We have to this Point

cv1.jpg

hook down--gear down and locked--flaps full--ball called

cv3.jpg

If i could only land :)

shots058.jpg

cv2.jpg

wheres my parking space?

instead of replacing the "tanker.LOD Extract and Name it Carrier.LOD/SHD etc etc and Add it to the INI Objects List

and Make a Mission to the point where you start and its a friendly ship so it doesnt turn to avoid you

Found the INI Section.

In the File GROUNDOBJECTDATA.INI

Add something Like

[Object037]

ObjectName=Carrier ( Which Will Refer to Carrier.lod)

ObjectFullName=CVN XXXXX ( Which Will Be Displayed in Game)

ObjectDataFile=Carrier_data.ini (data File for the Object

accutally

the List should be added to the terain info list.

since the Airfield DATAs are in the terrain CAt :)

Guest Ranger332

"Make a Mission to the point where you start and its a friendly ship so it doesnt turn to avoid you '

YOU WANT THE CARRIER TO TUNE AWAY FROM YOU FOR LANDINGS---DURING LANDINGS WE ARE TO TRY FOR THE "THIRD TRAP" 3RD WIRE.

Not that I think I know anything about making mods, but why can't the carrier be made like a new aircraft. With a very low top speed and I don't know if it could be done, but a limited alt. of 0. This way it would be frendly and could be place by mission builder where they need it. Just a thought.

:D

Well my SF is shooting craps right now, i gotta reinstall so there goes whatever i did(well backed up of course)

DO, yeah, its not that hard to do the ini file stuff, i did that like 2-3 weeks ago thought most of us knew it :o oops, oh well. I'll maybe pickup 3d max soon.

S!

do what?

oh yeah a update:

of all goes well I should be getting a Prebuilt And Skinned 3d MESH From some one off the FS2002 Group.

Giving Him Full Credit Of Course.

Gonna work on getting some SAMs and Guns on the carrier later this week or early next week.,

umm, it isnt that hard to put the AAA on the ships :D, just use the "turret/gun barrel" values from any of the AAAs

umm, it isnt that hard to put the AAA on the ships :D, just use the "turret/gun barrel" values from any of the AAAs

Dont Forget SAM Launches :)

Guest Ranger332

03.jpg

this was posted on request---if you cant get the catapult to work try the British way

05.jpg

the sudden change assist in takeoff

I have always marveled at the rest of the world's carriers, and the launch ramp at the end. They are a tricky SOB to get off of, when you're used to the nice level deck and whiplash from the catapault. The funny thing is, and I never figured out why they want a ramp, that you lose a good 50-100 kts on that little ramp. ?!?

Oh well if it aint broke, I guess they shouldn't fix it, huh

Great pics Ranger. What game is that from?