Wow Veltro these are really nice models. Very nice D detailing on the canopy frames and interior. These olde style jets are really nice.

Wow Veltro these are really nice models. Very nice D detailing on the canopy frames and interior. These olde style jets are really nice.

one thing I do is keep a set of interiors and slightly modify them for each plane..makes it easier

Just did a quick test with 25% fuel and full bombs, no problem taking off on manual. #2 had full fuel and no bombs, took out some trees but was able to join up. Still looking to see it on an intercept mission sometime. Good work on the model! :flyer:

I also think the Engines are underpowered...once this is fixed will release as final

M-4 Takeoff MINIMAL RUNWAY Lenght is 2610m, Landing - 1275m

if We talk about M-4 [not about 3M, 3M is M-6] then engines is OVERPOWERED real M-4 engine {AM-3A} thrust is ~ 87000 KN

M-4 has 132000 Lt fuel, 3M family ~ 120000 Lt

When i was set engine power i made this for 3MS because You said, what working on 3MS { engine {AM-3M} thrust is ~ 93000 KN}

3MN engine is VD-7B thrust is ~ 95000 KN

3MS Take off MINIMAL RUNWAY Lenght is 2900m, Landing - 1350m

3MN Take off MINIMAL RUNWAY Lenght is 2800m, Landing - 1350m

Source: 'Illustrated Myasisshev planes Encyclopaedia Vol 2 [from 10] { Red: Gen. constuctor V.K. Novikov, AVIKO PRESS Moskow 2001 - 247 pages}'

Edited by lindr2

Send out some reinforcement... better cameras and radarimagine

OK, I really am getting excited. Is that a U-2R, U-2S, or a TR-1? Is this sweet or what?

Veltro, been thinking (dangerous exercise), the nose high attitude may be what the Russian engineers built into the aircraft to get it to fly. In other words, your problem of not lifting off the runway prior to end may have been a real life problem. Their solution may have been to cock the aircraft in a takeoff Angle of Attack by varying the rear and front landing gear extension lengths. If you design the aircraft to sit on the runway looking like it is about to takeoff, it may solve the riding off of the end of the runway thing. Same sort of thing happend with the first F-4 takeoff which resulted in an F-4 in the overrun at the departure end of the runway and, eventually, the trademark Phantom downward canted slabs. Engineers don't do everything right either. Sometimes their mistakes are really expensive.

Edited by Jug

OK! After some work on FM

3MS, 3MN, M-4 planes with updated FM & avionics

to install copy LOD & skin to all formers from original plane

TAKEOFF PROBLEM fixed for Wingmans [AI planes], not fully fixed for pilot plane on AI control.

In a real life the airplane takes off by means of the special hydraulic jack, a nosing up airplane on a corner of 3 degrees during takeoff. Unfortunately instead of I can make too most in game.

Pure AI planes now TAKEOFF on 310 KMPH, like in books.

M_4_3MS_3MN.rar

8efbe4aff062.jpg

Edited by lindr2

Veltro, first of all, thank you for the Bison plane, and i just want to ask something that caught my attention:

without the mean to hijack the tread, is there a way to increase the stance of the plane as the pictures show?

Veltro, first of all, thank you for the Bison plane, and i just want to ask something that caught my attention:

without the mean to hijack the tread, is there a way to increase the stance of the plane as the pictures show?

Download this and replace

Bisonfix.rar

Veltro2k, even the payware service is not this good! Thanks for tweaking the model for us all.

OK! 3MD [ Bomber] & M-4-II [Tanker] 3MD_M_4_2.rar

Difference between 3MN & 3MD

- new radar Rubin-1A [Tu-22 have Rubin-1K]

- Wing area increased

- New nose

Veltro2K, can You make some model changes for 3MD ?, i have a Drawings, only nose & wings need to change...

0d1425195257.jpg

M-4-II tanker - converted M-4, 3MC-1, 3MN-2 in WIP status. weapond data ini included, used Bdouglas LOD

8897d0b56345.jpg

Note: most of M-4 don' thave refueling pod, only some planes updated

Note M-4 has GLASS nose.

0a024df1bd7b.jpg

M-4-II

6b324d816f58.jpg

Refueling system in detail, for modeers, maybe some want to make this

5c63b6ec0207.jpg

0208d3441f59.jpg

Edited by lindr2

Now most FULL complect INI files for Bison family...

Bison.rar

M-4_ref.txt contens dataini for freuling pod & FT, udes Bdouglas LOD

- M-4 Bomber {1954} - 33 planes converted to M-4-II tanker in 1960-1970

- M-4-II Tanker in service to 1988

3M (M-6):

- 3MS Bomber {1958} ~ 30 planes ECM SPS-2, i'm so sorry, i forgot about this, converted to 3MS-1, 3MS-2 tankers in 1962-1980

- 3MN Bomber {1958} ~ 35 planes ECM SPS-2 converted to 3MN-2 tankers in 1962-1980

- 3MD Bomber {1960} ~ 10 planes Radar Rubin-1A, ECM SPS-2 created for K-10 or K-14 missiles, but project was canceled, used as bomber.

- 3MS-1 tanker, (1962) refueling probe not removed, in service to 1994

- 3MS-2 tanker, (1962) refueling probe removed, in service to 1994 - not included in pack

- 3MN-2 tanker, (1962) refueling probe not removed, ECM removed, in service to 1994

Known issues:

- M-4 need glass nose

- 3MD need new nose and wing with increased area [see drawings in my previous post]

Edited by lindr2

Now most FULL complect INI files for Bison family...

Known issues:

- M-4 need glass nose

- 3MD need new nose and wing with increased area [see drawings in my previous post]

Give me some time Lind :wink:

Give me some time Lind :wink:

No problem... I just inform you about my 'research' result. One question still unclerared - weapons.

Sove sources said - 6 RAT-52 missile torpedoes or 2-4 anty-ship mines in bombay PLANNED, but realised or NOT? Need some 'investigation'.

M-4 Prototype have UB-2F guided bombs, but tihs loadout rejected.

Missile carrier prototypes (projects cancelled)

5cfd4c46b2d3.jpg

2714902ee12e.jpg

Edited by lindr2