EricJ

Making a custom .tga for TEWS Radar Warning Recievers

In conjunction with MigBuster's Tutorial (http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=44026) on conversion of older series aircraft to the TEWS system, it's briefly mentioned that right then custom .tga files aren't able to be done. Well with help from Fubar512, it's actually pretty simple. Since we're all trying to grasp new technologies and new ways of doing things, here's how to add a custom .tga to your TEWS RWR:

1. First create a "Flight" (if you didn't from the above tutorial) in User\Saved Games\Thirdwire\SF2 Game folder.

2. Go through the above tutorial and create your RadarFamilyName, and since I just did it, the RDY radar for the Mirage 2000D, naming it "RDY"

3. Use the little template .tga that can be downloaded (just below the text) and in either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, edit the Alpha channel, putting "RDY" in the center of the box. It's preferred to use small fonts (14 is a good size) as the game engine will resize it on the RWR display.

4. Save the .tga file as 32-bit and name it "RWR_RDY.tga" and save in the Flight folder. Ensure your "xxx_RWR.lst" has this:

RDY=RWR_RDY.tga

5. Save and when your aircraft detects the RDY, "RDY" will be displayed as appropriate on your RWR screen.

RWR_RDY.zip

Nice, but AFAIK, in real life, the RWR icon should appear as "2000". I'm sure that one of our RL pilots or flight officers will chime in and give us the skinny on it.

Yeah.. I wasn't really sure how it was displayed in real life, so I had to do the best I could....

Well I used a simply M2K icon for that as 4-digit "2000" seemed a bit too long, but maybe I could squeeze it in...

Well... no offense people you can't please everybody, but the template is there, enjoy everybody :good:

hello,

chekc in Mirage factory F-4G and f-4e arn, i do an update of icons.

you can use them or change the graph if you know the reel picto.

about french radar on M2000

M2000C-RDM (could be view in rwr, Air/Air mode)

M2000C-RDI (same but more powerfull totaly new radar)

M2000-5 (RDY) (have A/A mode too)

B is same as C

M2000N and M2000D have radar without A/A mode, only ground map, and terrain folow (to be basic)

2000-5K2, -9 use RDY version, other export use rdm

have fun

I've been contemplating maybe starting a TEWS Database, but the only point of contention is updating it... I maintain a blanket one for my aircraft but a CA one?

I made a list with quite a few extra tga's

What I could find is correct but what I couldn't find RL data for is just to have something instead of nothing...

attached...

TEWS.7z

What I could find is correct but what I couldn't find RL data for is just to have something instead of nothing...

attached...

thanks great work , one question do i have to add the new rwr_list to every aircraft or is it enough to drop it in to the flight folder or none of it

the list has to go to every aircraft folder, the path is specified in avionics.ini under [RWR] section...

It would sure be MUCH easier if it was "one list to rule them all" kind of thing... but this has to do for now :dntknw:

Yeah it sucks but I maintain a blanket one for all my aircraft, so once I update it, I copy and paste on the individual aircraft's _RWR file. And as Brain32 said, it's kinda annoying..

attached...

Yeah it sucks but I maintain a blanket one for all my aircraft, so once I update it, I copy and paste on the individual aircraft's _RWR file. And as Brain32 said, it's kinda annoying..

I have downloaded "TEWS.7z" zip file!! :blink:

1) I put the "RWR.LST" in every aircraft folder (for TEWS equipped aircraft)

and

2) Where I put the custom RWR symbols for TEWS?? Only in Flight Folder, or where?? :dntknw:

Yes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..