Sign in to follow this  
Muesli

My new ride!

Hi all!

As some of you know, I am very fond of the classic Austin Mini and I actually owned several. Some of you also know I am

battling with constant health issues, and in the last year I have had a progressive degeneration of my lower back.

This forced me to put my latest Mini on sale, but now I have had the sweet opportunity to trade the Mini in

for an ex-Army Land Rover lightweight. I included pics of the Mini and the LW.

This 1978 beauty will be mine in the second week of January. Small things have to be done to make it to my

demands, and then I will drive my mini for the last time to his new owner and pick the LaRo up.

The LW is one which served in the Dutch military and is a Diesel with differences to the original model.

However the LW fleet was replaced in 1990 (the Mercedes GD290) and put up for sale.

Mine has been owned by an old guy who fitted the LW with parabolic springs (better than leafsprings),

a completely overhauled engine and transmission and a nice fitting hardtop. Painted olive drab

I tend to give it a look close to the original with the appropriate lettering and stencils. The springs mean less

uncomfortable ride, the hardtop means a better inner climate in the car. I am eager to drive it on the road,

and off-road of course!

Yippeeeee!!!!

enjoy the new ride my friend

drive safe :good:

Landrovers no matter where you go they are there... Love the old and proper Mini... Good luck with the new vehicle.

Congrats on the new ride man...

question about that mini...are you knees in your chest while you're driving? Or is there more leg room?

Said it all at FB !!:drinks:

Houdoe,

Derk

@Skyviper:

I used some brackets to adjust the rails of the drivers seat so it can slide all the way to the back.

Gives more leg room, but nobody can sit behind me. Although I am 6 foot 4, I then have enough

leg room, and there's head room. Not if you hit bumps in the road ans speed bumps. It results

in bumping my head on the roof.