Sign in to follow this  
TurtleHawk

Does the patch update all XXX.exe?

Like the topic says, I am wondering if when you patch or install an update, does it update ALL .exe(s), or only stock TW .exe(s)?

For example will it update the NATO Fighters IV+, executable, or other campaign specific exe(s)

I don't think it does, but thought I'd ask here before, installing the latest update.

Thanks

it will patch any install that is merged with where you apply the patch to.

If you are talking about the official 3rd Wire patches - then they will only upgrade the stock game components by replacing entire files etc. Any other exes you create should be left alone (or might even be deleted)

But you know how to create a new one anyway yes?

Bare in mind that Campaigns are made for a particular patch level - if you go past that level by upgrading things might stop working without upgrading them manually.

3W patches update ALL exes -- including expansion pak 1 & 2. It will not, however, update renamed exes for 'special installs'

If you have other renamed exes (like for WW2, Korea, Indo/Pak, etc), they'll need redoing as well, AND .. you'll have follow the procedures in Knowledge Base for renaming you various and sundry mods folders, patch, run the game (which will ALWAYS create a new, specifically named mods folder), and rename or move the pertinant files into the new mods folder

As the various and sundry exes ALL reference the same dlls, cats, and etc EVERYTHING IN THE CORE GAME INSTALL GETS UPDATED. Therefore, everything else needs updating.

Got it.

That's what I thought.

Just feeling lazy and didn't want to do what I know has to be done.

Thanks for the replies.

3W patches update ALL exes -- including expansion pak 1 & 2. It will not, however, update renamed exes for 'special installs'

If you have other renamed exes (like for WW2, Korea, Indo/Pak, etc), they'll need redoing as well, AND .. you'll have follow the procedures in Knowledge Base for renaming you various and sundry mods folders, patch, run the game (which will ALWAYS create a new, specifically named mods folder), and rename or move the pertinant files into the new mods folder

As the various and sundry exes ALL reference the same dlls, cats, and etc EVERYTHING IN THE CORE GAME INSTALL GETS UPDATED. Therefore, everything else needs updating.

you an me BOTH!! Haven't updated any but the stock 6 right now .. laziness, and the need to continue work on the next 2 terrains

Correct me, if I'm wrong, this update doesn't add any new features or optimizations.

So, I might wait awhile and just enjoy as is.