Sign in to follow this  
Tailspin

.INI Tweaks and Changes

First Eagles .INI file tweaks...

UPDATE 01/04/07....Since the PATCH v.12.27.06 has fixed most all these issues the .ini edits here are only suggested for pre-patch installations. Thanks for supporting CombatACE.

First things first. Use these suggestions AT YOUR OWN RISK. BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES.

Many of these tweaks or "fixes" are subjective and only relfect the idea(s) of their authors. If you don't like them you can just delete the entire .ini and the game will revert back to the original file or you can replace it with your BACK UP...get it? ;) Additionally, Changing these files will likely cause problems with Multiplayer games! Keep a separate clean, unaltered install for MP.

You will need the SFP1E extract utility. Its available at CombatACE When a reference is made to "extract" a certain file, this is the tool used to accomplish that. Do some exploring in First Eagles main directory and get yourself familiar with the folder structure of First Eagles and where all the various .CAT files are located.

Using the SFP1E extract utility

The extractor download is a self installer. You can install it anywhere. Make a separate folder for it, or just install it to your desktop like I did. Once installed click on the shortcut to open. You will see [select a .cat file]. To the right of that click the button. Another window will open where you will see "Look in: Sfp1e" and a drop down arrow. Click the arrow. Follow the filepath, by clicking on the appropriate folder, to the main First Eagles directory. The .CAT files are nested in various folders (Flight, Objects, Mission, etc) within the main folder. Highlight the .cat file you want by mouse click and hit the OPEN button on the extractor. You will now see a list of the files within the .cat file. Select the file you want, again by mouse click, and hit the EXTRACT button. You will get a "confirm" window with the location the file was extracted to. Click OK. The extractor makes a copy of the file and sends it to the folder where the .cat file was located. This file can be edited with notepad (or wordpad if needed) and the game will "read" this file instead of the original in the .cat file. The edited file is placed in the main folder where the .cat file is or in the case of Aircraft or Ground Objects in the folder specific to the file, ie. the SE 5a data.ini goes in the SE5a folder. To return to the default file (its still in the .cat) just delete the copy.

FOKKER DII, DIIf, and Albatros speed fix:

It appears that the German fighters in the sim are a little slow. Seems they have an extra drag value in their landing gear data that isn't present in the other planes. Removing that value indeed brings their top speeds up to most published standards.

Extract the DATA.INIs for the two Fokkers and the Albatros...located in the ObjectData.cat file in the OBJECTS folder. Scroll down to the //Landing Gears-------section.

[LeftMainGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=FALSE

DragArea=0.50<----------Delete this

HideGearNode=FALSE

ModelNodeName=Gear Strut L

ShockAnimationID=-1

ShockStroke=0.08

SpringFactor=1.3

DampingFactor=2.0

WheelNodeName=Wheel L

RotationAxis=X-Axis

RollingRadius=0.4

CastoringWheel=FALSE

RollingCoefficient=0.25

MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

MaxLoadFactor=6.0

Do the same for the other MainGear. Save and place the .ini in the specific aircraft's folder.

SE5a reverse roll rudder fix:

The SE 5 tends to roll in the opposite direction of rudder input. If you think that isn't right you can change that behavior.

Extract the DATA.INI of the SE5a. Scroll down to //Control Surfaces-------

[Rudder]

SystemType=CONTROL_SURFACE

InputName=YAW_CONTROL

ReverseInput=TRUE

MaxDeflection=23.7

MinDeflection=-23.7

CDdc=0.0067

Cydc=0.1276

Cldc=0.1445<-----Change this to 0.0445

Cndc=-0.0129

CldcAlphaTableNumData=15

CldcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CldcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CldcAlphaTableData=0.138,0.121,0.103,0.085,0.066,0.120,0.451,0.781,1.000,0.721,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000

CndcAlphaTableNumData=15

CndcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CndcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CndcAlphaTableData=0.434,0.451,0.465,0.953,0.972,0.986,0.996,1.000,1.000,0.995,0.985,0.970,0.475,0.463,0.449

ControlRate=4.0

MaxControlSpeed=80

ModelNodeName=Rudder

ReverseModelOrientation=FALSE

RotationAxis=Z-AXIS

AnimationID=3

Save and place in SE5a folder.

CLOCK fixes for various aircraft:

The in cockpit clocks don't work properly. Here's how to fix them. Many thanks to MoonJumper for this one:

Ok, the mods are different for the different planes.........

Extract the COCKPIT.INIs for the FokkerD7, SE 5a, and SPAD 13 from the ObjectData.cat file.

Fokker D7: Scroll down to [CockpitSeat001] section and find....

Instrument[001]=StickRoll

Instrument[002]=StickPitch

Instrument[003]=RudderPedals

Instrument[004]=Throttle

Instrument[005]=ClockMinute

Instrument[006]=ClockSec<------Change to ClockHour

Instrument[007]=CompassHolderPitch

Instrument[008]=CompassHolderRoll

Instrument[009]=Compass

Instrument[010]=RPM

Instrument[011]=BankIndicator

Instrument[012]=Altimeter

Next scroll down to:

[ClockHour]

Type=CLOCK_HOUR

NodeName=Needle_Clock_Hour<----Change to Needle_Clock_SHORT

MovementType=ROTATION_Y<----Change to ROTATION_Z

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=360.0

Set[02].Value=12.0

[ClockMinute]

Type=CLOCK_MINUTE

NodeName=Needle_Clock_Min<----Change to Needle_Clock_LONG

MovementType=ROTATION_Y<----Change to ROTATION_Z

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=360.0

Set[02].Value=60.0

SE5a:

Scroll down to [CockpitSeat001]....

Instrument[004]=Throttle

Instrument[006]=ClockSec<----Change to ClockHour

Instrument[007]=SlipBall

Instrument[008]=Altimeter

Instrument[009]=AirSpeed

Instrument[010]=AirPressure

Instrument[011]=RPM

Instrument[012]=WaterTemp

Instrument[013]=OilPress

Instrument[014]=CompassHolderPitch

Instrument[015]=CompassHolderRoll

Instrument[016]=Compass

Instrument[017]=AldisSight

That it for the SE5.

SPAD XIII

Scroll down to [CockpitSeat001]....

Instrument[004]=Throttle

Instrument[006]=ClockSec<----Change to ClockHour

Instrument[007]=SlipBall

Instrument[008]=Altimeter

Instrument[009]=AirSpeed

Instrument[010]=AirPressure

Instrument[011]=RPM

Instrument[012]=WaterTemp

Instrument[013]=OilPress

Instrument[014]=FuelIndicator

Instrument[015]=CompassHolderPitch

Instrument[016]=CompassHolderRoll

Instrument[017]=Compass

Scroll down to:

[ClockHour]

Type=CLOCK_HOUR

NodeName=Needle_Clock_Hour<----Change to Needel_Clock_SEC

MovementType=ROTATION_Y

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=360.0

Set[02].Value=12.0

[ClockMinute]

Type=CLOCK_MINUTE

NodeName=Needle_Clock_Min

MovementType=ROTATION_Y

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=360.0

Set[02].Value=60.0

[ClockSec]

Type=CLOCK_SECOND

NodeName=Needle_Clock_Sec<----Delete bold section

MovementType=ROTATION_Y

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=360.0

Set[02].Value=60.0

Bullet Ground Strike Effect

If you think the ground hit effect for your machine gun bullets is too big you can reduce the size. Extract the ParticleSystem.ini from the FlightData.cat in the FLIGHT folder. Scroll down to:

[EmitterType089]

Name=DirtHitSpikeEmitter1

EmissionType=SINGLE_PARTICLE

UpdateType=NON_MOVING

MaxVisibleDistance=8000.000000

ParticleUpdateType=NON_MOVING

ParticleRenderType=VERTICAL_SPRITE

ParticleRandomOrientation=TRUE

ParticleLifeTime=0.60000

ParticleLifeTimeDeviation=0.50000

ParticleColorTableType=TABLE

ParticleColor[01].Time=0.000000

ParticleColor[01].Value=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

ParticleColor[02].Time=0.250000

ParticleColor[02].Value=0.500000,0.400000,0.300000,0.900000

ParticleColor[03].Time=0.500000

ParticleColor[03].Value=0.400000,0.300000,0.200000,0.600000

ParticleColor[04].Time=1.000000

ParticleColor[04].Value=0.300000,0.200000,0.2500000,0.000000

ParticleSizeTableType=TABLE

ParticleSize[01].Time=0.000000

ParticleSize[01].Value=1.000000

ParticleSize[02].Time=1.00000

ParticleSize[02].Value=9.00000<----Lower this value. I suggest 1.5

ParticleSizeDeviation=0.000000

BaseSizeDeviation=0.5

TextureMaterial=GroundHitMaterial2

Save it. Place the .ini in the Flight folder.

Another for the SE 5a. This one removes the magnification from the Aldiss sight.

Extract the SE5A_AVIONICS.INI from the ObjectData.cat

[TVDisplayData]

TVDisplayTextureSize=128

ApplyFilter=FALSE

OverlayTexture=AldisSightOverlay.tga

[CameraData]

CameraFOV=10.0<----Change this to 15 or 16

CameraPosition=0.0,-0.23,0.72

CameraAngles=0.0,5.0,0.0

I forgot to add that this thread is open for anyone to add to. Please try and test your tweaks to see if they actually work as advertised. :ok:

Here are some things you can do to the HUD display. Extract the Huddata.ini from the FlightData.cat in the Flight folder.

You can "turn off" the lines by adding a double forward slash // to the front of the line.

[infoDisplay]

BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985 <----//BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985 will eliminate bottom left display.

BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985<---same as above will eliminate bottom right display

DisplayWidth=0.20

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0

UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning=152.4

[Display001]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY

ConeSize=25

BoxSize=10<----making this value smaller will reduce the size of the box. Try 1 and see if you like it

BoxType=SQUARE

BoxColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,0.75

ConeModelName=redcone

[Display002]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_FRIENDLY

ConeSize=25

BoxSize=10<------Same as above.

BoxType=SQUARE

BoxColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,0.75

ConeModelName=bluecone

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0.125<-------setting WIDTH= and HEIGHT= to 0 will remove the large Aldiss sight in the upper right.

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

an increase in the general squadrons experience skill stats (for the campaigns)

in the WWICAMP1_DATA.ini (flight folder)

like thus

[AirUnit026]

AircraftType=SE5A

Squadron=1RAF

ForceID=1

Nation=RAF

DefaultTexture=RAFBrown1

StartNumber=1

BaseArea=Sainte-Menehould Aerodrome

RandomChance=100

BaseMoveChance=10

MaxAircraft=16

StartAircraft=16

MaxPilots=16

StartPilots=16

Experience=100

Morale=100

etc...

this gives you AI pilots with reasonable stats on the roster screen, not 100 per cent but middling to good stats spread more evenly over the entire squad....40 plus for skill experience for most pilots...

----------------------------------

Player Squadron Formation fix

in the AIRCRAFTOBJECT.ini

object folder

(-use the cat extractor from the downloads section if your not sure what i mean)

edit the

[AIdata] section entry

MaxRollFormation=5.0

reducing it thus to 5 or there abouts prevents all that sloppy zooming about behind you as you head out

they settle down to a good looking flight ..

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a game plan for making a more authentic flight model for the aircraft. I love the game as is but I am curious about designing an "authentic" flying experience, minus the inevitable limitations. I know where the flight model data is located. Where can I find reliable info on how these aircraft performed at different altitudes, climb rate, etc?

-MJ

Edited by MJmorrow

Posted by Charles over in SimHQ for the Camel. I used it pre-patch and it worked, but I think the patch overwrites it, so CTD's might happen again:

The Camel is a high poly count model (with all those little details, including the working joystick in the cockpit) and may give problems (a freeze or a CTD) with some graphics cards.

There is a fix to a file which almost always solves this.

Extract the file Flightengine.ini from FlightData.cat in your "Flight" folder.

Find the part where it says:

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=8192

MaxIndexCount=12288

MaxTextureCount=4096

MaxModelType=1024

MaxMeshPerScene=1024

MaxModelPerScene=1024

MaxLightPerScene=256

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

Change this to read:

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=4096

MaxLightPerScene=1024

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

Good afternoon,

I have issues. One is that when I use the SFP1E file extractor and open (folder) objects to extract/open a file, I cant see the .dll files to do anything with them.

Also, and im sorry if this has been gone over before, how do you make the AI more aggressive? My squad mates fly about like its farnsworth, and the enemy flys straight and level as soon as im on the tail, begging to be shot up.

One more thing, I would like to modify the damage taking capabilities of the aircraft. Downing a level flying plane with 4 rounds just aint cricket.

Thanks to any responses!

von Legs.

Good afternoon,

I have issues. One is that when I use the SFP1E file extractor and open (folder) objects to extract/open a file, I cant see the .dll files to do anything with them.

Also, and im sorry if this has been gone over before, how do you make the AI more aggressive? My squad mates fly about like its farnsworth, and the enemy flys straight and level as soon as im on the tail, begging to be shot up.

One more thing, I would like to modify the damage taking capabilities of the aircraft. Downing a level flying plane with 4 rounds just aint cricket.

Thanks to any responses!

von Legs.

First...Welcome to CombatACE.

The extractor is not designed to open/extract .DLL files. It is for opening .CAT files to access the various files located therein.

Extracted files are found in the game directory in the folder where the .CAT file is located.

Are you all patched up? Patch 2 improves AI behavior.

For info on tweaking AI and damage models I suggest you go here and download the SF Editing Notes at the bottom of the page. They were written for SFP1/WOV/WOE but since the game engine is basically the same they will apply to First Eagles too.

First...Welcome to CombatACE.

The extractor is not designed to open/extract .DLL files. It is for opening .CAT files to access the various files located therein.

Extracted files are found in the game directory in the folder where the .CAT file is located.

Are you all patched up? Patch 2 improves AI behavior.

For info on tweaking AI and damage models I suggest you go here and download the SF Editing Notes at the bottom of the page. They were written for SFP1/WOV/WOE but since the game engine is basically the same they will apply to First Eagles too.

Good evening Tailspin,

Thanks for the reply. I used the extractor utility in order to manipulate the Aircraftobject.ini in the object folder (as described by Bortdafarm, see above) When I used the utility there was no option to select the said file. Sorry im a bit of a mong when it comes to using unfamiliar I.T.

I have used the 2nd patch, however most fights in campaign end with a few shots resulting in pilot death/flaming/prop stop. Nothing Damage modelling wont sort once I get to grips with it. The AI is still farnsworth air display regarding AI - AI dogfighting lol!

Another thing, is it possible to extend campaigns by adding more WWICAMP1_DATA MissionChance[sWEEP] (as an example)? And could you change campaign dates/mission layout from the same file?

Some food for thought my boy, look forward to your response!

P.S This is effort on a red wine soaked friday night. What I would be doing without debt eh? Not going on about WWI sims for a start!

von Legs

You select the file by mouse point, left click. Then hit the extract button. You will get a confirm and the file, in the case of the AircraftObject.ini, will be in the Object folder. The AI does shoot each other, they just aren't as adept as we are. I'm not too familiar with campaign editing. I suggest you drop down to the main forum and ask there. There are a few campaign edits available, including Firecage's PlaneFest which could provide you with some ideas.

You select the file by mouse point, left click. Then hit the extract button. You will get a confirm and the file, in the case of the AircraftObject.ini, will be in the Object folder. The AI does shoot each other, they just aren't as adept as we are. I'm not too familiar with campaign editing. I suggest you drop down to the main forum and ask there. There are a few campaign edits available, including Firecage's PlaneFest which could provide you with some ideas.

Thanks for the inpu, but I still cant open the Aircraftobject file. All I see in the open file box is empty folders. Still working on the campaigns though!

Cheers

von Legs

Thanks for the inpu, but I still cant open the Aircraftobject file. All I see in the open file box is empty folders. Still working on the campaigns though!

Cheers

von Legs

Hi Von Legs, did you go to the right directory, where the file is stored as explained by Tailspin?

"......no option to select the said file. Sorry im a bit of a mong when it comes to using unfamiliar I.T. "

Use the utility's folder option in top right (box with three little dots) to navigate to the right directory. I may have it wrong, but its the only reason I can think of..................

With ineffective AI, there is a variety of skills Novice to Ace. I found it a bit easy, and made half Veterans and half Ace, less variety but tougher.

Cheers

Good afternoon Peter01!

I used the dotted box to search for the file. When I open the object folder it doesnt contain files, only folders. Opening the folders is not working either. I'll try and look for another AircraftObject file, the only one I can see is .dll which I cant do anything with.

How did you alter the skill levels of the AI? Is it a matter of adjusting the WWICAMP1 data file to increase the morale/experience?

Cheers,

von Legs

Hmmmm....If you're opening the ObjectData.cat file with the editor, you will find the AircraftObject.INI. Highlight that with your mouse and "extract". The AircraftObject.ini will be in the Object folder. It will look like a spiral notepad with a gold emblem. Double click on it and it will open in Notepad.

hi Von Legs,

"How did you alter the skill levels of the AI? Is it a matter of adjusting the WWICAMP1 data file to increase the morale/experience?"

You will first need to get that ObjectData.cat file opened

Then modify the AircraftObject.ini file - it has various skill levels - you will easily see it- by copying say the ace stuff to vet and regular levels, and copy the vet stuff to reglar green novice etc to do what I did. You can do any combination. Also in this file is default AI data - important if you have not specifically detailed this in your individual planes data.ini files (most Third party planes now have this, but not the original TW models). You can mod this, but suggest you just copy say from another plane that has this data - if you have the ATeams stuff their later planes do.

If you are doing it just for campaigns, setting experience/training/morale levels is maybe better to changing skill levels, but I think quite different in the sense that green are still green etc, you just get less of them or they improve quicker.

Cheers, and good luck with the cat.

I'll have to tackle it tommorow, being a lush is interfeering with my work, and my spelling I would think.

Or is my work getting in the way of being a lush?

Widening field of view:

Each aircraft should have xxx_cockpit.ini file (you might have to extract these) that has left and right view limits listed as MaxYaw= and MinYaw=. You need to copy it to its individual aircraft folder (so Objects\Aircraft\SE5a folder for SE5a_cockpit.ini).

Thanks to TK for explaining this to me!

Adding objects to VOGESEN AIRFIELDS.

Getting them "combat ready".

This is from a couple of months ago. Thought I'd add it to the sticky before it gets lost.

I've just recently revisited Gepard's excellent Vogesen Terrain and I really like it. I did a search and didn't find anything where Gepard had done anything to update the airfields yet so I took it upon myself to try and fix them. Its really just a simple .ini edit so I thought I'd post it here for anyone who wants to do it themselves.

First open the Vogesen_targets.ini. Luck would have it that all the airfields are right at the beginning of the file. The first entry is Sundhoffen. You will see it has all of the targets like hangars, tents, AAA, etc. in place. If you scroll down you will find the rest of the airfields only have the runway Target[001]=Airfield entry. So what we need to do is go back to the Sundhoffen section and select (left click/highlight) entries Target[002] through Target[038]. Then right click...COPY...and PASTE [002]-[038] in all the rest of the ENEMY airfields in the target.ini. There are 9 total. SAVE your work and then do the French side next. Scroll down to the French airfields [TargetArea010] and do the same thing using Rehaupal Airfield as the source for the FRIENDLY airfields. There are 6 of them.

Now we are going to have to change some of the Airfield heading entries to get all the stuff to appear on the fields correctly. Look at the first Target entry [001] on each Airfield section. You will see this:

Target[001].Type=Airfield

Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00

Target[001].Heading=90.0 <----------This is the entry we want to change on some fields

Some don't need changing but unfortunately when I was doing this I forgot to note which fields I actually had to change so I will list the Heading entries for all the airfields. Just make your numbers match these and you'll be good to go.

ENEMY:

Sundhoffen.....90.0

Ensisheim.......90.0

Habsheim....... 90.0

Freiburg..........90.0

Breisach........180.0

Colmar.............0.0

Schlettstadt...180.0

Neubreisach....90.0

Marckolsheim..90.0

FRIENDLY:

Rehaupal........90.0

Gerardmer....270.0

Belfort............90.0

Ronchamp....180.0

Ternuay.........90.0

Errevet..........90.0

Now all the fields should be populated and everything oriented correctly. Of course now would be a good time to add those Machine Gunners too.

REDUCING "SAFE LANDINGS" BY THE AI DUE TO ENGINE DAMAGE.

All you have to do is add Armor values to the Engine itself by editing the Engine section of each aircraft DATA.INI. Find the Engine section, scroll down to the end and add the following:

USE LEFT AND RIGHT BRACKETS INSTEAD OF *

HasArmor=TRUE

ArmorMaterial=STEEL

Armor*RIGHT*.Thickness=5

Armor*LEFT*.Thickness=5

Armor*REAR*.Thickness=10

Armor*BOTTOM*.Thickness=5

These are just values I have chosen. You can modify them as you see fit. These settings won't eliminate safe landings entirely but will reduce them significantly.

Thanks to J18Dread for bringing this up on the Thirdwire Forums.

GETTING THE STATIC AIRCRAFT FROM EDWARDS FLANDERS TERRAIN TO APPEAR IN OTHER TERRAINS.

First, thanks to christian59 for getting the ball rolling on this idea.

You'll need to dowload and install Edward's Flanders Terrain if you don't have it already. Open up the terrain folder. You will see several aircraft LOD and BMP files for 7 different A/C. There are also LODs and BMPs for the Ground Crew (GrndCrew). Copy and Paste all these files to your Verdun or Vogesen terrain folder. Now find the WWIVERDUN_TYPES.INI file (you may have to extract it fromt he .CAT file per instructions given elswhere in this sticky topic). Open the TYPES file and add the following lines:

[TargetType056]

Name=AlbatrossD3

FullName=parked Albatross D.III

ModelName=AlbD3-Static.lod

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=50.0

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=16100.0

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

DestroyedModel=AlbD3-Dest.LOD

SecondaryEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

SecondaryChance=80

[TargetType057]

Name=PfalzD3

FullName=parked Pfalz D.III

ModelName=PfalzD3-Static.lod

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=50.0

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=16100.0

DestroyedModel=PfalzD3-Dest.LOD

SecondaryChance=80

[TargetType058]

Name=SchuckertD3

FullName=parked Siemens-Schuckert D.III

ModelName=SchuckertD3-Static.lod

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=50.0

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=16100.0

DestroyedModel=SchuckertD3-Dest.LOD

SecondaryChance=80

[TargetType059]

Name=Camel

FullName=parked Sopwith Camel

ModelName=Camel-Static.lod

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=50.0

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=16100.0

DestroyedModel=Camel-Dest.LOD

SecondaryChance=80

[TargetType060]

Name=BE2c

FullName=parked BE-2c

ModelName=BE2-Static.lod

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=50.0

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=16100.0

DestroyedModel=BE2-Dest.LOD

SecondaryChance=80

[TargetType061]

Name=Dr1

FullName=parked Fokker Dr.I

ModelName=Dr1-Static.lod

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=50.0

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=16100.0

DestroyedModel=Dr1-Dest.LOD

SecondaryChance=80

[TargetType062]

Name=SE5a

FullName=parked SE.5a

ModelName=SE5a-Static.lod

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=50.0

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=16100.0

DestroyedModel=Se5a-Dest.LOD

SecondaryChance=80

[TargetType063]

Name=GrndCrew

FullName=Ground Crew

ModelName=GrndCrew.lod

TargetType=Misc

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=10

UseGroundObject=FALSE

GroundObjectType=GrndCrew

DamagePoint=0.0001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=6100.0

DestroyedEffect=HMGObjectHitEffect

DestroyedModel=

SecondaryEffect=20mmObjectHitEffect

SecondaryChance=50

[TargetType064]

Name=GrndCrew2

FullName=Ground Crew

ModelName=GrndCrew2.lod

TargetType=Misc

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=10

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.0001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=6100.0

DestroyedModel=

SecondaryChance=50

[TargetType065]

Name=GrndCrew3

FullName=Ground Crew

ModelName=GrndCrew3.lod

TargetType=Misc

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=10

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.0001

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=6100.0

DestroyedModel=

SecondaryChance=50

NOTE! The number sequence for TargetType at the header of each entry MUST follow the sequence in YOUR file. Your Types.ini may not end with TargetType055 like the example posted here so check it and change the numbers if necessary.

Now, find and open the WWIVERDUN_TARGETS.INI. Find ALL the FRIENDLY airfields and add the following to the Target list, again making sure the number sequence matches the rest of the file.

Target[039].Type=Camel

Target[039].Offset=-133.00,0.00

Target[039].Heading=90.0

Target[040].Type=Camel

Target[040].Offset=-133.00,20.00

Target[040].Heading=90.0

Target[041].Type=BE2c

Target[041].Offset=-133.00,40.00

Target[041].Heading=90.0

Target[042].Type=BE2c

Target[042].Offset=-133.00,60.00

Target[042].Heading=90.0

Target[043].Type=Camel

Target[043].Offset=-133.00,80.00

Target[043].Heading=90.0

Target[044].Type=GrndCrew

Target[044].Offset=-140.00,61.00

Target[044].Heading=90.0

Target[045].Type=GrndCrew2

Target[045].Offset=-134.50,40.70

Target[045].Heading=270.0

Target[046].Type=GrndCrew3

Target[046].Offset=-131.00,20.00

Target[046].Heading=90.0

Do the same for all the ENEMY airfields using the following:

Target[039].Type=AlbatrossD3

Target[039].Offset=-133.00,74.00

Target[039].Heading=90.0

Target[040].Type=AlbatrossD3

Target[040].Offset=-133.00,54.00

Target[040].Heading=90.0

Target[041].Type=AlbatrossD3

Target[041].Offset=-133.00,34.00

Target[041].Heading=90.0

Target[042].Type=AlbatrossD3

Target[042].Offset=-133.00,14.00

Target[042].Heading=90.0

Target[043].Type=AlbatrossD3

Target[043].Offset=-133.00,-6.00

Target[043].Heading=90.0

Target[044].Type=GrndCrew

Target[044].Offset=-140.00,15.00

Target[044].Heading=90.0

Target[045].Type=GrndCrew2

Target[045].Offset=-133.50,34.70

Target[045].Heading=270.0

Target[046].Type=GrndCrew3

Target[046].Offset=-130.50,74.00

Target[046].Heading=90.0

You can mix and match aircraft types or make them all the same by changing the Type= to whatever A/C type you prefer. This works the same way for the Vogesen terrain by editing the appropriate Vogesen files.

• Like 1

A bit tedious, but worth it.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I forgot to add that this thread is open for anyone to add to. Please try and test your tweaks to see if they actually work as advertised. :ok:

Here are some things you can do to the HUD display. Extract the Huddata.ini from the FlightData.cat in the Flight folder.

You can "turn off" the lines by adding a double forward slash // to the front of the line.

[infoDisplay]

BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985 <----//BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985 will eliminate bottom left display.

BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985<---same as above will eliminate bottom right display

DisplayWidth=0.20

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0

UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning=152.4

[Display001]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY

ConeSize=25

BoxSize=10<----making this value smaller will reduce the size of the box. Try 1 and see if you like it

BoxType=SQUARE

BoxColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,0.75

ConeModelName=redcone

[Display002]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_FRIENDLY

ConeSize=25

BoxSize=10<------Same as above.

BoxType=SQUARE

BoxColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,0.75

ConeModelName=bluecone

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0.125<-------setting WIDTH= and HEIGHT= to 0 will remove the large Aldiss sight in the upper right.

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

I think this works fine so why don't you put it in the Knowledge Base for everyone to find easily as I believe it applies as a common mod to the whole series. :biggrin::good:

Thanks for these I've been playing with them and some are really useful :-)

just a quick question wouldn't it be easier to put anything to do with code in the code brackets ie

bunch of information including [] and the like [red] 

more information etc.

so [code] and the /code version = friends :-)

might also make it easier to work out what is what in a post ;)

For FE2 ONLY == Adding Destroyed Models for 3rd Party Aircraft

This little tweek will add the destroyed models and effect for 'crashed/shot down' aircraft to those 3rd Party units that don't have a) their own or b) any at all

First off, one needs to extact the data inis for the stock aircrft, to get the names of the various destroyed lods. You'll need Gerwin's Cat Extractor (which works with ALL versions of the 3W Games, regardless of TOS or NextGen)

You can get it here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/7933-catpack-archiving-utility/

Follow his instructions from the readme, and off you go.

You'll be opening pretty much all the ObjectData cats (especially 002 & 003), so store the extracted files in a seperate folder somewhere's on you HD. The (only) major drawback to Gerwins extractor, is it pulls ALL files, and dosen't let you choose which one, like the 1stGen extractor from Skypat (which dosen't work with SF2/FE2)

Ok, so you've got them extracted, let's look at one...this is from the AlbatrosD5_170. I've highlighted the relevant statements

[AircraftData]

DestroyedModel=AlbatrosD3_destroyed.LOD

EmptyMass=680.4

EmptyInertia=1085.9,847.1,1778.6

ReferenceArea=20.81

ReferenceSpan=9.00

ReferenceChord=1.50

CGPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00

OnGroundPitchAngle=11.5

All the others are pretty much the same, just with different names to match which aircraft they go to.

So, the real trick is find something that's a close enough match to the non-destroyed shape, with it's 'smashed to bits on the ground and bruning shape" Rule of thumb, if it's single-seated, rotary/radial, choose something close (the Nieuports could use the Camel or SPAD destroyed models), whereas a two-seater could use the RE.8 or Salmson.

It's all your choice, and dosen't make too much difference, as it's just going to be laying there all broken on the ground.

So, to add it, one just needs to copy/paste the two lines (as shown above) from a stick kite, to the 3rd Party one, adding them to the [AircraftData] section.

Below, is for the Nieuport 17b, and an all other would be similiar, as is the procedure

[AircraftData]

DestroyedModel=Camel_destroyed.LOD

//EmptyMass=385

EmptyMass=373

EmptyInertia=216.73,251.86,438.98

ReferenceArea=14.75

ReferenceSpan=9.70

ReferenceChord=1.59

CGPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00

OnGroundPitchAngle=15.5

DefaultArmorType=WOOD

The only thing I have noted, is some of the effects don't seem to be working as advertised, but at least, this'll give you visual proof that the enemy aircraft is down!

Good Hunting!

Wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

As posted in the Release Announcement Thread for the Nieuport Pak, fixes for the Lewis Guns

A quickie note on the loadouts, for all these Nieuports.

Sometimes, you may notice the 'external model' of the wing-mounted Lewis guns is missing. There is a glitch in the data ini, where the Left and RightWingRocketRails are assigned mis-matched grouping (they should BOTH be StationGroupID=2

This will remove the mix-up chance, as the the LeftWRR was taged with the GroupID=1; the same as the wingmounted Lewis guns, which is assigned as StationGroupID=1

Adjust your data ini's accordingly.

Also, open and check ALL the loadout inis, and make sure the lewis01 is set to

Loadout[11].WeaponType=lewis01

Loadout[11].Quantity=1

I caught a couple that had typos, saying 01 instead of 11.

Do this for all them, and that should take care of that

wrench

kevin stein