Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Mig-19S Farmer cockpit in progress

Twin-engine Mig-19S Farmer cockpit I am working on. Massive repaint and repositioning of the cockpit of the Thirdwire Scooter.

From cockpit photos and diagrams.

I am still looking for more cockpit photos and pilot manual diagrams.

It fought in the Middle East, Pakistan and Vietnam. It climbed much faster and had a higher thrust-weight ratio than its closest rival-the F-100 Super Sabre.

mig-19prewrite.jpg

Edited by ordway

That top picture, that's from a 19P/PM, isn't it...looks like a radar scope, center right

Just what's needed for my Farmer D/E mod.... :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

From the manual:

Thank you , Thank you , Thank you Trooper!!!

I have a lot of oblong angle color and B/W photos but am missing bits and pieces of the panel. I also have a cockpit diagram...but it is too general to use much. I was reaching some dead ends until your photos showed up. This really helps!

I have sharply looked at the internet for three days and come up with only bits and pieces and a UTube video that pans so quickly that it is barely useful.

I still need the panel between the pilot's legs...part of the armament panel...particularily the left side of that panel between the pilot's legs.

Please, everyone keep your photos both black and white and color coming on this thread of the Mig-19 instrument panel...then I can make you a better cockpit!!!! besides...cockpit photos are facinating! :clapping:

By the way, I flew the Thirdwire Mig-19 last night with the current modded Mig-19 cockpit I have.

The difference for me personally was night and day.

With the new cockpit I think differently as I fly and feel the magnificent Mig-19 as it was meant to be...a fantastic climber, boomer and zoomer extraordinare with a devestating armament....what a difference a dedicated cockpit made for me personally!

My lastest update-more refined-

mig-19supdate2-1.jpg

Edited by ordway

I am missing information/good photos of this redmarked area between the pilot's legs:

mig191.jpg

Thanks.

That top picture, that's from a 19P/PM, isn't it...looks like a radar scope, center right

Hmmm, I'll have to investigate that!

Wrench

kevin stein

It's not a radar scope. It must be bigger and located on right of the gunsight, just like the radar on this MiG-17PF:

img0017vv9.jpg

The manual I have is for the basic, radarless model. I really have no idea what is that instrument and the manual doesn't say anything about it. Maybe it is a ventilation hole? I haven't seen it on any other MiG-19 cockpit IIRC. :search:

This site may be helpful:

http://www.sanko.wroclaw.pl/apt/mig-19/konstrukcja.html

but it is in Polish

It's not a radar scope. It must be bigger and located on right of the gunsight, just like the radar on this MiG-17PF:

The manual I have is for the basic, radarless model. I really have no idea what is that instrument and the manual doesn't say anything about it. Maybe it is a ventilation hole? I haven't seen it on any other MiG-19 cockpit IIRC. :search:

This site may be helpful:

http://www.sanko.wroclaw.pl/apt/mig-19/konstrukcja.html

but it is in Polish

Beautiful pic. That's a Mig-17 isn't it? It doesn't have the double-engine gauges on the right or the Mig-19 gunsight that the two-engined Mig-19 would have, I think.

Edited by HrntFixr
Please do NOT re-post pics in reply's.

Beautiful pic. That's a Mig-17 isn't it? It doesn't have the double-engine gauges on the right or the Mig-19 gunsight that the two-engined Mig-19 would have, I think.

Yes, it is 17. Ive posted the pic just to illustrate where the radar on MiG-19P/PM is.

Yes, it is 17. Ive posted the pic just to illustrate where the radar on MiG-19P/PM is.

Okay. It is almost finished:

mig-19final2write.jpg

I found references for the hard-to-find section between the pilot's legs...three ammo counters.

Edited by ordway

Mig-19S readme and changes compared to Mig-17.

What is different compared to my Mig-17 cockpit:

1. The exhaust gas temperature gauge (EGT) is changed to the twin-engine version with two red

circles in it.

2. The gunsight is changed to the square ASP 5N gunsight with a square crash pad.

3. The Russians added a distinctive six-light warning panel.

4. The Mig-19 added three ammo counters between the pilot's legs.

5. A large red and yellow landing gear handle was added.

6. Toggle switches finally replaced the buttons on the master panel switch on the right cockpit

side panel.

7. Tens of other changes including instrument locations, instrument additions and color

changes.

mig19scockpitphoto.jpg

Edited by ordway

Tactics on how to fight in the Mig-19.

1). Top gun training showed that when flying the Mig-19/21, you can often go pure vertical at the merge and often defeat the F-4..and of course the F-100.

2)...or just lower flaps and outturn the F-4 in the deep stall buffet if the F-4 tries to turn slowly too.*

*"Scream of Eagles", Wilcox. pp.21-22.

Your projects are long awaited! Thank you very much for this!!!

Thanks everyone. I just released it.