Sign in to follow this  

Is there a CAT extractor fro SFP2 in the same SFP1 way? I need to drop some files in there... :dntknw:

Thanks :salute: , but this utility "packs" instead "opens". My goal is to take file from inside the CATs. :good:

Humm... I just notice that in the SFP2 there's no CAT, but PAT files. Am I right?

no, the cats are stored in the "core" install, not the Mods folder. Look in your /ProgramFiles/ThirdWire/Objects, and you'll find about 11 or 12 of them. What particular file are looking for; might save you trouble of extracting 4 or 5 gigs worth of crap??

Gerwin's extractor is the ONLY one that works on SF2 series; it also unpaks sf/Wo* as well. Under Win7, the old single-file extractor by Skypat no longer works (yes, I've tried EVERYTHING).

also, moving this thread to the proper Forums, the SF2 Series one (as it dosn't pertain to 1st Gen SF/Wo*)

EDIT: this is probably the one yo want, Claudio:

http://forum.combatace.com/files/file/7933-catpack-archiving-utility/

iirc, its the most recent versions

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Wrench, my classical Skypat Extractor still works in win-7. Granted I'm running SF1 back at 2006 patch level.

Tell me how!!! Please!!! :yikes:

still need it, occasionally, from my 'other installs'

wrench

kevin stein

I dunno :dntknw:

Before I poasted that, to make sure I extracted a bmp file to my Object folder. Bang there it was, viewed it too.

Now, long ago I copied all my Extractor stuff to a folder I call "Extractor" that is inside my D:/SF folder....

D:\SF\Extractor

All the you-know irunin pv.dll kinda stuff is in there. I run Extractor from desktop shortcut. I have to back out to SF folder before going into Object-Flight-Effects-Terrain-Etc folders to extract things but the extra step is for keeping the SF folder clean and neat without cluttering from all the irunin pv.dll kinda stuff.

Wait up.

Okay I have WoV-1 2008 stashed in E:\WoV. I just went there with my old Extractor and extracted the Zuni_tubes bmp. Viewed it too.

It works for WoV1 Patch level 2008.

Try setting up Extractor again, and put it into a folder inside the game folder. Also, this may be significant: I don't play the silly Windows game of "games" folder or whatever they call it. I just stick everything I install in my own created folders in D: or E:, anywhere but C: which is for Windows only.

I use WOE 08 patch and Skypats extractor works for me with Win7 also I only issue I am

having is with my Weapon and gun editiors

Okay so I'm trying to use this new extractor to get the data and loadout files for the stock aircraft and I can't seem to figure out how to get them to appear. I put the application into the actual install as was mentioned on this thread and I click on the application and it says that it's packing all of the Objectdata files...so my question is what did I do wrong? The older extractor I had no problems using, but this one seems more automated and as a result I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Can anyone help me? (For example, I'd like to take the F-4D loadout file and edit it to change the default weapons loads, but I need to make that file appear first so I can open it. How do I do this?)

Create a new folder on C/ Call it "Cat Extractor". Put all of Gerwin's stuff in there.

Copy/paste the cat to be extracted INTO the folder.

Drag/drop the cat OVER the CatPack.exe

all the files in the cat will be extracted to a sub-folder inside with the cat's name. Then, just delete the cat, since the original is safe in the /ThirdWire folders.

just like it says in the included readme.

btw, the F-4D stuff is in ObjectData003.cat, for a full-4 merged install

wrench

kevin stein

As always thanks for your help. I noticed after extracting all the object files that there isn't an ObjectCat005...is that normal?

As always thanks for your help. I noticed after extracting all the object files that there isn't an ObjectCat005...is that normal?

Yes that is normal.