About This File
SF2 Carrier and Campaign Mod Readme
This mod adds a carrier to the stock SF2 campaigns, as well as places USN and some of the USMC squadrons in those campaigns on the carrier. Additionally, if you have a merged install with SF2V, SF2E, and SF2NA, you can add F-8's and A-7's to the stock campaigns and a new 1978 campaign with A-7's, F-15's, HarrierGR3's, F-14's, and A-10's as well.
SF2 and SF2V (for the carriers) are required. SF2E and SF2NA are optional but recommended.
1. Drag the "campaigns" folder into your mod folder.
2. If you already have modified desert_targets.ini in your SF2/Terrains/Desert folder, skip to the next step. If you do not already have modified desert_targets.ini, extract Desert.ini and Desert_targets.ini from Desert.CAT (in the main game folder) using the SF2 .cat extractor. Create a 'Terrains' folder in your SF2 mod foler and create a 'Desert' folder inside that one. Place the extracted Desert.ini and Desert_targets.ini in that folder.
3. Add the following to the bottom of desert_targets.ini:
Make sure 'XXX' in the [TargetAreaXXX] is the next number following the target area above where you pasted the entry.
4. That's it!
- Additional campaign tweaks by Homefries
I am a member of the free-ware mods group at Combatace. This may be used in any free-ware mods as long as appropriate credit is given. It may not be used in payware.PM me with any issues.
- Corrected typo in campaign.ini files that prevented correct base screen from showing for USN units
- Removed options for SF2 only install (who owns only SF2!?!?)
- CV61 removed and replaced with stock SCB-125
- Carrier Battle Groups Tweaked
- A-6 units tweaked
- Other typo corrections and tweaks.
- Updated the "merged" install option to utilize carrier battle groups from SF2NA.
1. Corrected campaign description entries in campaign files
2. Removed optional F-4 loadouts. They are now their own separate download
located here: http://combatace.com/files/file/12380-sf2-f-4-loadouts/
1. Added optional F-4 loadouts
2. Added campaigns for merged install
What's New in Version See changelog
No changelog available for this version.