About This File
This model represents the Baseline 2 Ticonderoga class cruisers (CG-52~CG-58), in service from 1986 to present (upgrades and refits notwithstanding). These were the first vessels to be equipped with a vertical launch system (VLS), granting vastly increased capability and adaptability. With over 120 long-range highly accurate missiles, this vessel is by far the single most dangerous GroundObject ever released for the ThirdWire games.
Both air defense and land attack versions of the ship are included, as well as name and hull number decals for each ship of the class, plus the necessary sounds, guns, and weapons. Note: The weapon systems, collision mesh, and decals have been updated for compatibility with SF2: North Atlantic and the March 2012 patch. If you have not installed/do not plan to install either, this model will not work properly. See the readme file for full details.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or constructive criticisms regarding this model, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
What's New in Version 3.5
- 2012/10/24 Cosmetic updates (rigging, new gun barrels), significant weapon updates, new sound effects
- 2012/06/09 Rebuilt & remapped hull and superstructure, baked textures, updated gun and weapon data, added working Harpoon missiles and SRBOC launchers
- 2012/04/04 Fixed decal level issue
- 2012/03/31 v2.0: Complete overhaul of mesh, textures, uvws; fixed shadow issues; added extensive detail; updated data, weapons, and decal sets for SF2:NA/March 2012 patch.
- 2011/05/28 initial release
- 2011/06/05 updated sounds; adjusted Tomahawks; optimized low-poly model; added alternate LOD files for first gen titles