About This File
This model represents the early Baseline 1 Ticonderoga class cruisers (CG-47~CG-51), serving the US Navy from 1983 until 2005. They were the first vessels to be equipped with the Aegis combat system and the advanced SPY-1 radar.
This is my first major 3DMax project and my first model release for the Thirdwire games, now completely overhauled using everything I've learned about modding over the past year. This update gives the ship full compatibility with the SF2:NA/March 2012 patch game engine. It includes features such as working fore and aft Standard Missile launchers, new effects, optimized collision mesh, and helo deck that doesn't turn the ship unsinkable. Note that these updates may not be compatible with earlier versions of the game.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or constructive criticisms regarding this model, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
What's New in Version 3.5
- 2012/10/24 Cosmetic updates (rigging, new gun barrels), significant weapon updates, new sound effects
- 2012/06/09 Rebuilt & remapped hull and superstructure, baked textures, updated gun and weapon data, added working Harpoon missiles and SRBOC launchers
- 2012/04/04 Fixed decal level issue
- 2012/03/31 Fixed gun mount name
- 2012/03/30 Adjustment to prevent possible task force issue; adjusted Phalanx muzzle positions; new and more reliable flight deck
- 2012/03/26 Quick fix to folder structure of .rar file (sorry!)
- 2012/03/25 Complete overhaul of mesh, textures, uvws; fixed shadow issues; added extensive detail; updated data, weapons, and decal sets for SF2:NA/March 2012 patch.
- 2011/05/18 initial release
- 2011/05/18 quick fix to some tga files (sorry!)
- 2011/05/23 extensive updates; see readme file
- 2011/05/25 adjusted gunner AI; removed unnecessary files
- 2011/05/28 re-adjusted gunner AI; other .ini tweaks
- 2011/06/05 updated sounds; adjusted Harpoon parameters; optimized low-poly model; added alternate LOD files for first gen titles