About This File
This mod extends the in game life of the F-105 to match the real 1981 through 1984 retirements. It
features skins for the early 70's, late 70's, early 80's and a special skin featuring the noseart of the
149th TFS of the Virginia ANG. The markings are as accurate as I can find through several days of searching
the web for photos of the listed units.
- Required: You will need SF2, SF2 Europe or SF2 Vietnam for the stock F-105D_66.
- Included: Skins for 4 ANG and 3 AFRES F-105 operators. I have not included the Georgia ANG as that is
represented in the F-105G mod.
Also Included is an F-105F_66 aircraft. While the majority of F's were
used as Weasels, conversion and proficiency traning still had to take place. Every Thud fighter squadron
had at least 1 F on the books.
Data.ini's have been edited also to reflect proper service years.
- Credits: The Wrench, for his rerelease of ArmourDave's F-105F pack, as well as a few parts of TGAs that I
used from his F-100D ANG skinpack.He even answered a stupid question by yours truly.
TK, for the stock Thuds and ability to mod this game we call SF2.
and me? well i just
//////////////////////////////// THUD ANG AND AFRES UNITS ////////////////////////////////////////////////
- 119th TFS, New Jersey ANG 1970-1973
- 127th TFS, Kansas ANG 1971-1978 (RTU for F-105s in USAF after 71)
- 128th TFS, Georgia ANG 1979-1983 (only ANG Weasel unit, flew G, not represented in this pack)
- 141st TFS, New Jersey ANG 1964-1981 (actually flew the B model)
- 149th TFS, Virginia ANG 1971-1981
- 457th TFS, AFRES Carswell AFB 1971-1978 (flew the Thunderstick II model)
- 465th TFS, AFRES Tinker AFB 1971-1981 (was originally the 305th TFS for first 13 months. Due to short
timespan, left as 465th)
- 466th TFS, AFRES Hill AFB 1971-1984 (initially flew B models, moved on to D in 1981)
I hope that you enjoy this mod and bring some old school weekend warrior pain to Warsaw Pact or Parani forces!
Kevin Unruh aka