About This File
Dogfight version 2.3 for Thirdwire Simulators (Series 1 and Series 2)
If you had problems with the previous version not seeing your install this version
is far better at finding the files it needs and will produce a log file to help identify problems
Dogfight is a quick mission generator much like Microsofts Quick Combat and
Ubisofts Quick Mission Builder.
This simple little program is an attempt to add similar facility to Thirdwire products
without editing Mission files by hand, or struggling with a complex Mission Editor.
So, using it you should be up and flying against a selected opponent within a few
seconds (once you're use to the system anyway!).
The action begins at a seperation of 2-4 km.
To use you:
1) Start Dogfight.
2) Select aircraft types, numbers and heights, Pilot training etc.
3) Press the Red WRITE MISSION button.
4) LEAVE Dogfight running.
5) Start the Thirdwire Simulator.
6) Go to the Single Mission page and then Load Mission Menu.
7) Click on the name of the mission that you just created in dogfight(default is "0 Dogfight").
8) When you want to change the mission click on Alt and Tab simultaneously.
9) Select Dogfight, make your changes and then press the red WRITE MISSION button.
10) Return to the Thirdwire Simulator by clicking it on the task bar (or alt tabbing if you prefer).
11) ALWAYS RESELECT THE MISSION from the Single Mission-Load Misiion Menu to update the information.
12) Play the mission!
Repeat 8-12 as many times as you want
This sounds a bit long winded but you do soon get used to it.
Find the folder called Dogfightv2.3 containing:
COPY Dogfightv2.3 INTO THE TOP LEVEL OF THE DIRECTORY WHERE YOU INSTALL YOUR MODS. There is
an Options.ini file in this directory as well.
i.e Dogfightv2.3 and Objects are at the same level.
OPEN THE Dogfightv2.3 FOLDER AND CREATE A SHORTCUT FROM DF.exe TO YOUR DESKTOP
(or wherever you want to launch if from).
DogFight has been tested with:
FE1 and FE2 (Viurtually all of the aircraft from CombatAce and the Skunkworks with Peter01 fms)
SF1 (chiefly SCW)
WOE (Principally Wings Over Russia and Wings Over Africa).
SF2, and SFNA2, (Skunkworks PTO) (CombatAce BOB) and with additional aircraft thrown in.
I've also tried it with some early Korean War era jets.
Only briefly tried it with more modern types.
The program was written using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2010 C++ and FLTK.
FLTK (Fast Light Toolkit) is a great free package for constructing GUIs really quickly and easily.
Without it I doubt that I would have had time to write this program.
Thanks to TK for creating a marvellous set of Sims. I love the way they work with TrackIR.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the many add on creators at Combatace and
the Skunkworks who have given me many hours of great gaming.
I hope Dogfight helps to provide some entertainment for Thirdwire Simulator Users.
What's New in Version 2.3
- Now searches more thoroughly for terrains - so it is more likely to work!
- Produces a log file to help if it does not work correctly
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now