About This File
Admin: This is complete install without any Campaigns. I didn't know where else to put it.
The Continuation War was fought between 25 June 1941 and 19 September 1944 between Finland and the USSR. This was a true David and Goliath battle. Finland cobbled together a small airforce from the obsolete aircraft of other countries and faced a colossal Soviet Sir Force. Finland should have been overrun within weeks, but that's not how it worked out... This is a tribute to the tenacity of the Finnish armed forces.
This is a complete install of the Continuation War. It is built for the benefit of those "without access" to the more diverse ww2 resources of the Development A-Team (DAT), though anyone is welcome to use this Continuation War install. In no way is this intended as a competing product for the A-Team's Winter War. Rather, it is an alternative for those unable to access DAT. This is an informal install. It is not offered as a final product, merely as something to get you flying in the region until further resources are available at CA. If some brave soul will make a Karelian Isthmus terrain, I'd be eternally grateful.
In this install you get:
- New skins
- Skins "adapted" for use over the battlefield.
- New Flight Models (FMs) with Aggressive AI.
- Sounds from AvHistory and others.
- New Menu screens and sounds.
Finnish Aircraft Include:
- Hawker Hurricane Mk I
- Curtiss Hawk 75A-8
- Morane Saulnier Ms.406
- VL Myrsky II
- Messerschmidt Bf-109G-2
- Messerschmidt Bf-109G-6
- Junkers Ju-88A-4
- Dornier Do-17Z
Soviet Aircraft Include:
- Hawker Hurricane Mk IIa
- Polikarpov I-16 Type 10
- Polikarpov I-16 Type 24
- Bell P-39N Airacobra
- Curtiss Kittyhawk Mk III
- Tupolev Tu-2
- North American B-25C
- Yakolev Yak-1B
- Yakolev Yak-9T
- Yakolev Yak-9D
- Yakolev Yak-9U
Awesome Terrain: gillg (JonathanRL's TSF team)
Models: Veltro2K, Raven, Pasko, MontyCZ, Cocas, Wolf257, and Others
Cockpits: Stary, Kesselbrut, and Others
Sounds: AvHistory, and Others
FlightModels: Baffmeister, Charles, ShrikeHawk, and Others
Skins: Charles, Raven, ShrikeHawk, Spinners and Many Others
3-D Clouds & EnvironmentSystem mods: ShrikeHawk
Guns & Weapons compiled by: Wrench
Thanks to Wrench in general. He had a hand in a lot of this stuff. He keeps the props flames burning, and answers a LOT of questions. Much appreciated Wrench.
* This compiles so many different projects over so many years and so many missing readme's, that there are many more people deserving credit than are listed. If you've been missed, I apologize profusely. Please let me know and I'll put your name in.
A few comprises were made to get this going. The Swedish terrain (produced by JonathanRL's TSF team) is modern Sweden. However it has an old world feel to it that plays well in a ww2 install. Pasko's Yak-9P stands in for the Yak-1B, Yak-9T, Yak-9D, and Yak-9U. There are minor differences between the versions so visually, the Yak-9P is an excellent stand-in. There is one "What If" included. The Fiat G.55 did not fly for Finland. In reality, Germany was very impressed with the G.55 and collected up to 42 examples for study. What happened to them after that? Well, they might easily have been donated to Finland like so many other aircraft.
- Download all three parts
- Create a new Theater-Specific install. Best choice is SF2:Europe.
Create it with this name exactly: StrikeFighters2 ContinuationWar
Good instructions on this are available here:
- Go to your new Mods Folder main directory.
- From download Copy & paste the folders: Flight, Menu, Sounds, Terrains.
- Go to mod folder's Objects Folder. Empty the Aircraft Folder, and the GroundObjects Folder.
- From your download, copy & paste the aircraft in the Aircraft folder into your mod folder's Aircraft folder. Do the same with GroundObjects.
- From your download, copy & paste the folders: Decals, Guns, Pilots, Weapons into your mod folder's Object folder.
This install should not include any A-Team files or assets per agreement. If it does, this is a mistake. Let me know and I will remove those files.
What's New in Version 1.0
- V. 1.0